You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello, i have used affinity suite almost for 2 months, but i really found a very big vacuum , it is just a shape builder tool,a lot of designers told you that includes me,so can you add it or just tell us that you have a plan to add it in the future ? because i am really finding a big problems working with logos using AD , even of that AD is specialized on designing logos,and i am sure that many designer if not all are facing the same problem ,so please try to make it the main plan for AD , because it is the only thing that me and a lot of designer need that fast,i am facing a lot of issues using the basic geometric operations,until i really forgot it because it became useless most times,i really appreciate your efforts for developing such as this great software,but we really need the shape builder tool as soon as possible,finally,this is one of 100000 problems that always facing me using geometric operation,thanks

t. 

• Staff

Hi @os design,

My apologies for the delayed response here!

I'm very sorry to see your app is crashing within this document - could you please upload a copy of the .afdesign file shown in your screen recording, so that I can test this further here and log it with our developers?

In regards to the shape builder tool, we have no plans currently to implement this into Affinity, as we're focusing on working hard to improve our geometric boolean operations first, however we never say never and this is something we may still add in a future update :)

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!