Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with an ".afpub" file with around 40 pages.

The issues started a few days ago where the loading time was abnormally high, and it often crashed when I made changes to my ".afdesing" file which was linked. Today I tried opening the file, but I had not luck, so after multiple minutes of waiting for the document to load I had to eventually kill it via task manager.

After Ctrl + Click on Affinity Publisher to "Clear user defaults" and "Don't restore window & documents", I was able to open the file but a message showed up "Linked Resource Changed":

image.png.d4a6a77cc47896579a1181dcf493bf97.png

Also, all of the instances of the linked file now look blurry:

image.png.40b05288936195308420a5aec25057a1.png

 

What I've tried so far:

  • Setting "Automatically update linked files resources when modified externally" -> App is not responding, and document never loads...
  • Open resource manager and clicked "Update" -> App is not responding...
  • Open resource manager and clicked "Replace File" -> Kinda worked, but everything was totally messed up
  • Deleting the ".afdesign" file and clicking "Yes" on the "Do you want to re-link missing file" dialog -> App is not responding...

The file I used as an initial template was created using earlier version of Publisher, probably the version 1.7, if that helps.

Something weird is that when I click on "Edit document", the file opens just fine inside the Publisher. Looks like only the linked document previews are the issue.

Is there something I could do to solve this issue? I'm currently trying replacing each image by clicking "Replace document".

Thank you for your help in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Gabe thank you for your response,

40 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Can you explain what you mean by this? 

I mean that all files where replaced, but where not linked to the correct artboards. Instead they where replaced with the whole document. That caused text and images to go all over the place. That could be my issue though since I've changed the name of some artboards.

After replacing most of the documents one by one, I can see the app gets really slow because of Publisher consuming most of my RAM, with usage reaching over 90% on my 16GB PC.

Unfortunately I cannot share the file since it's a confidential company document :/ 

Is there a way of manually cleaning up the file? Copying everything over a new one probably?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

We are aware of an issue with placed PDF not remembering their page numbers, but not artboards. I would in interested to know if you could remember what you did and perhaps try the same on a new document? You might have found a new issue, but without knowing what you did, it's impossible to replicate it here :(

16 hours ago, b14ckfir3 said:

Unfortunately I cannot share the file since it's a confidential company document

The was a staff only access link, but I see why you can't share it :)

16 hours ago, b14ckfir3 said:

Is there a way of manually cleaning up the file? Copying everything over a new one probably?

I don't think the file is broken to be honest. You can always File > Save as to create a new streamlined file. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

We are aware of an issue with placed PDF not remembering their page numbers, but not artboards. I would in interested to know if you could remember what you did and perhaps try the same on a new document? You might have found a new issue, but without knowing what you did, it's impossible to replicate it here :(

I can't really tell what might have caused the issue with the artboards inside the .afdesign file cause it was edited by another member of my team, but that's not really an issue, I could individually choose the correct artboard for every placed,  in a few minutes.

I've checked with the security department and I'm only allowed to share the file via email. I'll contact you at AffinitySupport@serif.com and link back to this forum post.

I've tried a few more things that might help you pinpoint the issue:

  • Opening the file in Publisher, Designer or Photo causes an immediate huge memory usage, looking like a memory leak.
  • I managed to replace some of the blured documents (as shown in the first post) with the linked document and it worked. After replacing a specific document though, I'm unable to save the file.
25 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I don't think the file is broken to be honest. You can always File > Save as to create a new streamlined file. 

I've tried that, including "Save as", but issue looks like it persists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.