You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm creating a calendar using images from a mobile phone. These are not 300dpi. I've set up my document at 300dpi CMYK.
Does it matter that theses images are not 300dpi when it comes to printing?
I know you're suppose to use 300dpi images to start with but all the photos of my grand daughter are taken on mobiles.

The calendar is meant for family only.

Rough_Calendar.afpub

Of course it would be good if the images would have 300 dpi, but depending on how the images are used, a lower dpi is acceptable. Taken your document as an example, look at the resource manager. There you will see, that the image on left has a placed dpi of 489, whereas the image on the right has only a placed dpi of 145, but here the image is lying in the background and softened (so no problem I would say). All in all it depends if you send the final file to a professional printing service or to a home desktop printer. At my experience you'll definitely see a loss of quality printing with 145 dpi with a professional printing service. But perhaps the own family will bear a lower quality? ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi Dai777,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The baby image is fine, it has more than enough pixels to get a quality print at the size placed in the document. The parent's (i suppose) image in the background is a bit on the edge - it should have an average quality (currently around 150dpi). Go to menu Document Resources Manager and check the Placed DPI value for the images there. Generally speaking above 300 dpi you have no issues, around 150dpi you get a decent quality but nothing extraordinary (depends on other factors as well - paper etc), below that the image will not look great. Since the parents image is faded in the background the quality will not have as much impact as the baby one.