You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good morning,

I currently have Affinity Phot on a Dell laptop.I would like to transfer/re install Affinity on to a new laptop.Can you tell me how this is done please.Also does the license key stay the same ?

Many thanks

Dave Harker

• Staff

You can install the Windows version on as many PCs as you personally control. Likewise the Mac version can be installed on as many Macs as you control. You would always use the same product key and the email you used when you ordered the software.

You can download a copy of the software, and access your products keys, whenever you need to from the 'downloads and product keys' section of your Affinity Store account.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hardy24 said:

I have 1 Mac Computer and in my other House a WIN PC. Can I use one license key for Affinity Photo on both Computer?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Hardy24. :)

The Affinity apps are licensed per platform (Mac, Windows or iPad), so I’m afraid you will need to purchase two separate licences if you want to use the software on both your Mac and your Windows PC.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for your answer.

So in this affinity photo will be not the right Software for me.

I'm a single person and I can work only on the Mac or if I stay in my house on the Baltic Sea with my little windows PC.

But I will not by two key's for 1 Software. I was checking a alternative to Lightroom.

With Luminar 4  (Skylum) I can work on 2 Computer and also Adobe has not a problem with this relation.

Edited by Hardy24

• 1 year later...

I purchased two products, Affinity Publisher (Windows) order number B1CTDKD8VH and Affinity Photo (Windows), order number APLG538PH4. but cannot use the software as it say I need to purchase these two items.   However when I try to use the software, it says I have 8 more days to purchase.   What is going on.  I have been use Serif Software for many years, and believed Affinity to be an extension of what I had been used to using.  I purchased Affinity Publisher order number B1CTDKD8VH and Affinity Photo order number APLG538PH4.   I have not use the software since purchased. However when I opened to use, it says I have eight (8) more days.  What does that mean???  Thank you for your help  and attention to this matter!

L. Smith

Hello @LULA SMITH and welcome to the forum.

The programmes are in the trial phase; this begins with the installation.

The fact that there are only eight days left indicates that the programmes were installed two days ago. 

To make the programmes a full version, you have to unlock them with the email address you used when you bought them and the licence number.

If you have not received any emails with the licence numbers, check whether they have ended up in your spam folder.

Otherwise, you can log into the Affinity Store and find your purchases and licence codes there.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

23 minutes ago, Komatös said:

https://affinity.store/sign-in

If you have a note of your product keys, you don’t even need to sign in to the store. You can simply download the latest versions via the following links:

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/publisher/1

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1

I have been use Serif Software for many years, and believed Affinity to be an extension of what I had been used to using.

The Affinity Range is completely separate from Serif’s ‘Plus’ software. You can open PDF and SVG files exported from PagePlus, and any standard image files exported from PhotoPlus, but you can’t open the native *.ppp and *.spp files.

Alfred spacer.png

Hallo @MarKre72 und willkommen im Forum.

Starte den Designer mal als Administrator. Rechtsklick auf die Verknüpfung und "Als Administrator starten" wählen.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

@MarKre72 Ich sehe gerade, der Pfad ist völlig falsch. 

Korrekt wäre c:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0\. Das Verzeichnis ProgramData ist normaler Weise versteckt. Deinstalliere den Designer und starte dann die Installation als Administrator erneut.

Hi, I have a similar issue, where I purchased Affinity photo (twice over the years) but I don't think I had an account with Serif until today. I don't remember/ have lost access to the original email address I used to sign up. I have affinity Photo working fine on my old laptop. I managed to dig out the license code using this method. On the new laptop, I need to input both an email address and a product key. I only have the product key.
How can I transfer the license from my old to my new laptop without the associated email?

Best,

Mat

2 hours ago, mrPoodle said:

I managed to dig out the license code using this method.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Mat. :)

You’ve linked to an FAQ article on CommunityPlus, a site which deals with issues related to Serif’s ‘legacy’ software products. Installation of those products doesn’t require an email address associated with the product key.

How did you purchase your copies of Affinity Photo?

Alfred spacer.png

Hi there!

I have a license key for Affinity Photo through my educational institution, but after closing the program once, it requests my key again and then states that the key is not valid. When I re-installed it, it worked again with my key. But now that I closed the program and tried to open it again, the same problem appears and it says my key is not valid.

Any tips? :)

• Staff
36 minutes ago, Kimphoto said:

Hi there!

I have a license key for Affinity Photo through my educational institution, but after closing the program once, it requests my key again and then states that the key is not valid. When I re-installed it, it worked again with my key. But now that I closed the program and tried to open it again, the same problem appears and it says my key is not valid.

Any tips? :)

Welcome to the forum @Kimphoto :)

Are you able to check to see if you have a licence.xml in C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0\? You may also want to check permissions on the folder. If everything looks OK, please send an email to corpsupport@serif.com and we'll look into this further for you 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Mat. :)

You’ve linked to an FAQ article on CommunityPlus, a site which deals with issues related to Serif’s ‘legacy’ software products. Installation of those products doesn’t require an email address associated with the product key.

How did you purchase your copies of Affinity Photo?

Hello,

Downloaded the product from the official website. The link I shared worked and I ended up with something that looks like a license keye. I don't remember when I bought it exactly, but it must have been around 2017-18.
On my new laptop, I downloaded the very latest copy of affinity (as a demo) from the serif website. Do I need to find an old version and upgrade once licensed?

Edited by mrPoodle

47 minutes ago, mrPoodle said:

I ended up with something that looks like a license key

Was it displayed on a web page? I presume it wasn’t emailed to you or you’d know the associated email address!

Serif PhotoPlus product keys begin with HP and comprise five groups of five alphanumeric characters (e.g. HPX8U-SER01-12345-67890-54321). Affinity Photo product keys comprise four groups of four alphanumeric characters (e.g. XYZ3-TUVW-DEFG-A2BC).

Alfred spacer.png