You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I purchased my copy of Designer and Photo through the App Store. I need to download a clean copy to try and remedy some problems. Where can I download Designer to accomplish this?

I seem to remember Affinity migrating those purchases over to their server when they opened the online store, which would, of course made life a lot simpler for people in my position.  Maybe I'm just dreaming that that happened. In any case, I need to download Designer. 

Will re-installing Designer remove all the brushes I've purchased?

Try this:

1. For safety's sake, first copy the installed version somewhere, preferably to another hard drive that can be disconnected after the copy is made.
  2. Drag the app from the Applications folder on your startup drive to the Trash & empty it.
  3. Sign into the Mac App Store using the same ID you used when you bought the app.
  4. Go to Purchases & look for the Affinity app you want to install.
  5. There should be an "Install" button near it. Click on that.

EDIT: Depending on the version of macOS you are using, instead of an "Install" button, there may be a download icon button that looks like a cloud with a downward pointing arrow.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 minutes ago, inspiredmac said:

Will I lose all the brushes I've installed in Designer?

You should not, but to be on the safe side if it was me I would back up each of them. Actually, I periodically back up the brushes & everything else related to the Affinity & my other apps because just about anything can go wrong at any time, including sudden failure of a SSD or HDD.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I have copies of the original purchase,  but, oh, what a pain reinstalling them.

I downloaded a fresh copy of Designer from the App store and installed it. That went well, but I can't get the program to create a new document. I set it up for an 8.5 x 11 sheet, but, as you can see from the screen shot, the create button is not active. The is really getting frustrating. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 1.36.19 PM.png

Back to the same old problem. Designer won't open a single file — even a simple .jpg that opens fine in Photo (.jpg attached).

Warning:

/Users/danielleavey/Work Folder/Halliday/Nature love - 5000x2808.jpg

The file could not be opened because permission was denied.

Nature love - 5000x2808.jpg

• Staff

Hi @inspiredmac,

We're aware that you've contacted us via email, social media and posted on our forums - please try to limit support contact to one channel only as this can cause a delay in responding to your issue(s).

As the majority of support has been provided thus far through emails, we'll continue to reply there. Many thanks!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!