You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Goodbye Adobe.

Hello to all Forum Members,

I have been an Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign user for approximately 25 years. I loved these three programs and endured the disheartening monthly payment for quite a long time after Adobe introduced it, and because of this "monthly Program Tax" I have decided to take on the Affinity Suite of programs: owning them certainly feels a lot better than renting them!

I do like the Affinity programs very much: they do some interesting things that Adobe's programs don't, whereas Adobe's programs do certain things that Affinity's don't, however my decision has been made in the hope that Affinity will not become a suite for rent in the future because many things these days seem to be jumping on the cloud.

Welcome to the forums. Affinity is an exciting suite of applications, but they are young yet, especially Publisher. So I encourage you to 1) enjoy what they now offer, and 2) participate in the effort to make them better by discussing feature improvements and especially reporting bugs as you find them.

Hello garrettm30. Affinity is young in comparison to Adobe etc., however from what I have seen so far I am very confident that the three programs will definitely suite my needs. I am still on the first step of learning the workings of the programs, although I am very familiar with many of the tools which goes a long way to moving quickly ahead, and if I come across anything that I consider to be a "bug" I will report it to the forum.

Cheers!