You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replacing images in a frame changes scale

Hi all,

I apologize if this was addressed before, I spent some time searching but could not find any answers. My problem is, whenever I replace and image in a picture frame (either by drag and drop or clicking replace button) the scale and position of the image changes back to default. This is most evident when I use the "none" scaling option - which is the choice when presenting a fragment of a bigger drawing.

This is something that is really strange to me - it basically means you cannot update files, nor use placeholders of files which are not ready yet, nor test different versions of a file in a document.

Am I setting this up in a wrong way? Is there a way to get it working?

Edited by mfw

Hi mfw,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

I notice it makes a difference whether I replace a resource via the Toolbar button or via the Resource Manager, while the latter most often gets better results with a little more respect for the current image / frame settings. – Unfortunately I can't tell a rule or routine yet.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi Thomaso,

Thank you for your reply. It does seem to be working better with the Resource Manager indeed. Wonder what is the difference or rule here. 🤔 It looks like the same command.

Anyway thanks again and hopefully it will work better in the future, even with drag and drop!

All best!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have the exact same problem, for any cropped image in a picture frame if replaced  it will scale and position back to the default (even if you import back the exact same file).

As you can see from my screenshot I place an image in a picture frame (for both pages on left-hand side) then scaled and cropped (both pages middle image) then I duplicated it and replaced the content (using Replace image button) but unfortunately the newly replaced image will set back to the default scale/crop.

This is a very essential for my workflow (and I believe basic functionality), I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

ps: this happen still if I replace the image dragging it from the Finder or replacing it from the Resource Manager too.

Note: the Picture frame "Property" is set to "none"

I really hope some one can help me with this, otherwise I have to stick with InDesign because Publisher without this functionality is unusable for me :(

I love Affinity products and really hope to start using Publisher real soon.

cheers.

sample.jpg

17 minutes ago, F-Zimba said:

ps: this happen still if I replace the image dragging it from the Finder or replacing it from the Resource Manager too.

Note: the Picture frame "Property" is set to "none"

Can you upload a screen recording when replacing an image via the Resource Manager?

Note: Meanwhile there is a related topic in the Mac Bugs Forum with a few more details. So you might like to place your response there (maybe even copy/paste the content of your previous post)...

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1