You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Bug Report - MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know of a bug that I have found (confirmed this in both Publisher and Photo), that causes the applications to crash immediately as if I was performing a force quit. I have been able to replicate this fairly consistently and therefore I think I have worked out what triggers it:

When selecting more than one layer in a project and you attempt to copy the layers using the copy hotkey (⌘+C) both Publisher and Photo immediately crash. Publisher crashes every time I do it and also when I right click the layers and select copy. Photo crashes the the first time I do this and then seems to work as it should for the next 24 hours (The next day I try again and it will crash as expected).

All my projects that I have worked with have had a mask applied to one or more of the layer, but I do not know whether this is what is causing the problem.

I wanted to bring it to your attention in the hope that this bug can get fixed soon.

Thanks, Rael

• Staff

I have been unable to replicate this issue can you please send me your crash report by going to Applications > Utilities and open the Console app. Crash Reports from our apps can be found in the User Reports section. You can Right Click the required Crash Report and select Reveal in Finder.