You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[By Design] IDML Import issue with table

Without having the file I would guess overflowing text frames, but normally the dots would be red and not orange(?). If they are elements of their own, they should be visible in the Layers panel.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Yes, why not. Or if not confident you can upload it in this thread.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Here is the File. It starts with the red points in first page below Type, and on the other table with the Picture. Some others are on the next pages.

What I found out, that if I merge two colums and separate them afterwards, it disappears!

Martin

All done with publisher 1.8.3.641 also in beta 1.8.4.663

DB_PSW.idml

So this one is something for the developers to examine. Importing the IDML to APu adds a bullet list property to all styles. To repair this, you have to remove the bullet list property from all your styles except for "Aufzählung". But why a table cell originally formatted with "Tabelle Körper" is now formatted with "Aufzählung" is another mystery to solve for the developers. But you can fix that too, by changing the formatting of the cell to "Tabelle Körper".

------

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

I'm afraid this issue has been closed as By Design. 

The original document contains tables that use the Aufzählung paragraph style. This style has Bullets and Numbering setup (even in InDesign) and we are honoring that style. The difference between the two applications is that InDesign does not show a bullet if the paragraph is empty (contains no text) whereas Publisher always shows the bullet, even if no text follows. Text is following that by design. Best work around is to change the style definition, either in the original or new document.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.