You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hand tool

Hi @lenogre Thanks for your post. Sadly I'm not sure what you're trying to say, unfortunately the screenshots are quite low resolution so it's difficult to see what the issue is.

If you could try to be more descriptive about the issue that would be a big help. See the link here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/72-report-a-bug-in-affinity-designer/

If it helps you can post a video if you're unsure how to describe it or type the issue out in French and we can translate it.

24 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Sadly I'm not sure what you're trying to say

I think the OP is showing the same shape on the same size of canvas and at the same view zoom, and wondering why the canvas is so small in the second screenshot.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks @Alfred I wasn't sure if I was missing something there. There is an issue where double-clicking the hand tool does not zoom to fit. Without all the info it's difficult to be sure if it's the same issue.

Before passing it on to the development team we have to have steps on how to reproduce the issue and not that it's just there. :)

My guess would be that the zoom percentage shown on the Pan toolbar does not change when the zoom of the screen is changed.  If the zoom is changed by using the zoom in the navigator panel or any other way what shows in the Pan toolbar stays the same.  This may be the way it's supposed to work, the setting in the Pan toolbar looks to be to set the zoom to preset amounts.  The zoom slider in the Pan toolbar does track the actual zoom.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

I don't believe that's how it's supposed to work, it didn't work that way in 1.7.X, there using any method of zoom updates the percentage shown in the Pan toolbar correctly.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

When I make screenshots, I like when it's the same size.

Before 1.83 (I don't know but it was working with 1.7), with the hand tool, I was able to know percentage of zoom or enter the desired value. Now, the values stay the same when I zoom in or out.