You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas size and image size by percentage

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 6:47 AM, Joachim_L said:

Just type in the percentage values.

I have to respectfully disagree on this one. There are several resize options most users would never use, such as yards or meters. If a user needs to resize by them why not have them type in yard or meter values?  Percentage is such a common need among the general user base (meaning those who aren't adding five meters to an image) that it makes more sense (in my opinion, of course) to give % a slot in the menu real estate. I would personally set it as default and switch to pixels at the end of the work. 

It's just a UI decision based on which menu items deserve to be in there and which the user should enter symbols with the value. But, for example, someone who only deals in millimeters, centimeters and meters is not going to miss inches, feet and yards not being in there, and vice versa, so it seems an odd call to leave off percentage, which would be used by both. 

Just my 2 cents  :)

Percent resize is extremely important. I strongly support it. It is essential for converting images to website layouts and to fit a variety of different uses. It was one of my most used options in PS before I moved to Affinity Photo and I was surprised and dismayed it isn't already included.

William

8 hours ago, willb23 said:

Percent resize is extremely important.

Yes and it's available. Works for canvas size, doc size, object sizes, fonts, line widths

Anyway, to illustrate @Joachim_L 's comment

Now, I would like to see the ruler units as percentages....

percentage.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Yes, that's great, thanks. My bad, I guess I needed to be more specific, even though I don't think that it is intuitive to have to put percentages in.

But, it doesn't seem to work with batch processing. Is there something else I am missing?

Thanks.