You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

XLSX import: Table too wide after placing

The table I wanted to place has 19 columns and 21 rows partially filled with content. Placement of the file takes some time and the size of the table has now 103 mm height x 30817 mm width. Original file was a .ods saved as .xlsx with LibreOffice Calc. If the file is needed for examination I need a private upload link.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

That xlsx file in both Excel and LibreOffice has a lot of blank columns, and it's defined in the XML of the file, indicating the cells go as far as AMJ:

<dimension ref="A1:AMJ21"/>

I don't think we are doing much wrong here, the file has a lot of empty columns defined in it and we are just honouring that, if you open that file in Excel you can see all the blank columns, and if you create a new sheet those don't exist.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Where has this to be changed? Whenever possible I try to avoid using Excel / Calc, we will never be friends. Copying selected cells into a new document makes the tables width as it has to be.

Apart from this, the table does have some more faults, like row 1 being right aligned or the years missing in the first column.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed