You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading any image is incorrect

Hi folks, I'm new to Affinity Photo - just purchased it yesterday.

Anyway, my problem - and I apologise if this is something very simple I've missed but..

Every image I load for editing seems to have a filter above it - exactly as in the image attached.

The image attached is from Unsplash, and as you can see from the navigator on the bottom right, the paper texture should be blue, but it's green in the main viewer.

ORO1uLz.png

This happens with every image/file I try to open - any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Please check if this FAQ is applicable to your problem

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

To use the Stock panel, you need to create a document, and then drag the image out of the stock panel onto that document.

What color profile did you use when you created the document?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, Emerald76 said:

I added the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile.

Does this fix your problem?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

27 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

To use the Stock panel, you need to create a document, and then drag the image out of the stock panel onto that document.

What color profile did you use when you created the document?

That's the method I used.

sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is the color profile

• Staff

Thanks for the video.

Your transparent background also looks odd.

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them? Somestimes this is required (as opposed to just updating them). This is likely now a driver issue if you're using the correct colour profile.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks for the video.

Your transparent background also looks odd.

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them? Somestimes this is required (as opposed to just updating them). This is likely now a driver issue if you're using the correct colour profile.

Unfortunately this has not resolved the issue.

What baffles me is that the navigator is showing the correct image on the bottom right of AP, but the main viewer doesn't..

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

At the moment, the Navigator Panel is not colour managed which is why it looks correct.

You aren't assigning any ICC profiles etc. are you? Your WIndows colour management settings now look correct.

This is the current profile

color management 2.png

• Staff

Are you using a separate display? The one you've changed in the above screenshot is for a laptop/notebook screen.

If you have a second display connected, you will need to make sure that is also using sRGB as each display is capable of being independantly colour managed. 

22 hours ago, Chris B said:

Are you using a separate display? The one you've changed in the above screenshot is for a laptop/notebook screen.

If you have a second display connected, you will need to make sure that is also using sRGB as each display is capable of being independantly colour managed. 

I just use 1 display

• Staff

Thanks for confirming.

Can you take a screenshot of the transparent new document so I can see the checkerboard? It looks distored in the video but I'm not sure if that's because it's low resolution. It should look like this:
image.png

I'm going to include what my settings look like as well, just incase we're missing something. I'll be honest, udpating the drivers or selecting the correct display profile usually resolves this...
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Staff

Thanks for that. It just looked odd in the video you sent over but I guess that's because the quality wasn't brilliant.

At this point, I am at a bit of a loss as to what is causing this. 

• We've checked the GPU drivers
  • Display profiles and colour profiles
  • You appear to be using all the other correct settings within the app

As a bit of a last resort, can you try resetting the app? I am going to suggest a hard reset as you've only just purchased it and I imagine you haven't added many customisations yet.

Close down the app, hold Ctrl and launch the Affinity Photo icon (keep hold of Ctrl). When you see a dialog appear, select all the settings and click Clear. Then try and open a document.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Chris B said:

Thanks for that. It just looked odd in the video you sent over but I guess that's because the quality wasn't brilliant.

At this point, I am at a bit of a loss as to what is causing this. 

• We've checked the GPU drivers
  • Display profiles and colour profiles
  • You appear to be using all the other correct settings within the app

As a bit of a last resort, can you try resetting the app? I am going to suggest a hard reset as you've only just purchased it and I imagine you haven't added many customisations yet.

Close down the app, hold Ctrl and launch the Affinity Photo icon (keep hold of Ctrl). When you see a dialog appear, select all the settings and click Clear. Then try and open a document.

Ok, so nothing changed after the reset.

Can you try changing the Renderer to Warp, restart APhoto and see if anything changes...

Also, can you confirm images are opening OK in other applications (non-Affinity) on your PC

warp.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

Can you try changing the Renderer to Warp, restart APhoto and see if anything changes...

Also, can you confirm images are opening OK in other applications (non-Affinity) on your PC

warp.png

This worked. Thank you.

I changed all settings that were different to yours here.

View Quality was on Nearest Neighbor >> Changed to Bilinear

Both the "Dither gradients" and "Use precise Clipping" were unchecked >> checked both

File Recovery interval changed from 300 to 500 seconds

And changed the "Retina Rendering" to Warp.

No other programs were affected by this issue.

Thanks to all who offered their help and advice!