You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer brushes/erase don't work after creating slice

Reproducible Designer bug: Brushes and Erase no not function (on pixel content) after a slice has been created even is that slice has been erased. 

I can confirm that reloading the same file (without saving changes) and the brush/erase tools work again, create a slice and they don't.

Tested on Windows, Designer 1.8.3

If I understand you correctly, I can't reproduce this

Any chance of a video showing what you are doing?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
18 minutes ago, logiebaird said:

How do we video our image construction process? Wouldn't it be better to send a diagnostic report to the programmers that shows the inner state of the program itself along with the Affinity file causing the problem?

Hi Logiebaird,

I tend to use TinyTake to do screen recordings - it seems relatively lightweight, and not overly complex and produces lightweight videos. Generally QA do prefer videos as it allows us to see the state of the document and the exact steps taken. However a well written can also be sufficient (providing you make no assumptions on the person following it).

With that said though I can reproduce the issue, and it has to do with the slice still being selected. There are a couple of ways around this: You could switch to the Move Tool and just click in a black area to clear the selection (providing you use the Assistant Manager, which I believe you are), or you could first create a new pixel layer in the Layers Panel.

I will pass it on to development to get it looked into.