You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Something causing my canvas to jump when changing tools

I was inking successfully for days without this issue and changed nothing in my setup.

Suddenly, when changing tools (or doing an UNDO) using the buttons on my Bamboo WACOM, it causes my Affinity Designer canvas to jump to a different location as if the buttons are not only changing tools but triggering a canvas repositioning.

This happened the other day and I after a lot of frustration I thought I had figured it and it went away for a while... but now it is back again and has nothing to do with what i figured out before. Things were working fine for more than an hour today without any issues and then all of a sudden it is doing this again, and it's driving me INSANE.

What on earth could be causing the canvas to jump to a different location with a button click?

And on occasion I also get a unexpected canvas rotation too, and I can never figure out what on earth I did to rotate the canvas. Fortunately I found the reset rotation option in the menu, but since this is also related to the canvas doing something I don't want it to do, maybe it is connected with the other problem I am having with the buttons, described above.

If anyone can suggest anything, I would appreciate it. This is really interfering with my workflow.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd F.

Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Bamboo Wacom, Affinity Designer 1.8.3

Edited by Lloyd Floyd
Added manual signature, since can't find a way to add one globally

• Staff

Hi @Lloyd Floyd,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here! This isn't something I've heard happening before, so I'm going to require further information.

Can you please provide a screenshot of your settings within Wacom? Which specific keys are triggering this, Undo only?

If possible, could you provide a screen recording of your canvas moving around?

Please check that your Wacom, drivers/software are up to date.

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!