You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export bug: No more antialiasing when adjustements layers are clipped to an object and image inside

Hi,

I've got an image made of curvers in which I added other vectors with effets or pixel layers I painted.
I've got adjustement layers clipped to the main curves object, and vectors objects inside this curves layer.
When I export this image, the result is correct.

2020-07-05_132406.png.aebe87e4743dd7ff6ea14b67654f34a4.png

2020-07-05_134046.png.a3bb231fce5a34d0d21520d66b0593eb.png

If I simply add an image in the main curves layer, there's no more antialiasing on the exported image:

2020-07-05_132412.png.7d86b456aed48d697e85678aefe59f1f.png

2020-07-05_132633.png.51500162ab4acc4f09c6a486b1732135.png

Why do AD (and AP, current Beta or retail version), don't use antialiasing when adjustement layers are clipped to a group?

If I put the adjustement layers inside the main curves object, it's ok.

2020-07-05_135908.png.434240f2dc9c6968bd65bf1ffa8d40bb.png

2020-07-05_135939.png.6dafb6c4e024821454cc125a24f3d1aa.png

• Staff

Hi Wosven,

Is this different to the current retail release? Please only report issues in this forum if they're new to the current beta - please use the Bugs in Designer forum for issues that affect retail builds.

With that said could you attach a copy of the AFDesign file so we can look into it please.

• Staff

Hi Wosven,

Unfortunately I'm still struggling to understand what the actual issue is with the file? I've exported your document once with the Layer below enabled, and again with it disabled and I'm getting essentially the same results (attached).
image.png

Maybe I'm missing something but your document is only 580px x 348 px so you won't be able to get the crispness that is shown in the vector version of the file. To make things easier - could you attach a copy of the file that shows the issue when you export, and another that exports correctly for you please?

arab_000b.png

arab_000a.png

The non-antialisasing — when adjustement layers are clipped instead of inside — is evident, the provided file was enlarge to test how it exports larger, but it's worst in smaller file, that I need.

antialiasing_layers_in.png.20835553ecdeaf1e277736c9514203f0.pngarab_bug_no-antialias.png.748b9d0498ae4a35da0ecf846b1bcb28.png

Zoom in and it'll be more evident:

2020-07-07_074904.png.dbbc33e2abc47e2d3cb5521ada8ca629.png

2020-07-07_075009.png.45d342fffda374f59a1051296a0d9739.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 7/18/2020 at 12:18 PM, Wosven said:

I don't understand why it's not reported as a bug since the antialiasing stop working and the export is uggly when there's clipped adjustement layers.

Hi Wosven,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I had responded, but evidently I hadn't so apologies for that. With that said I've reproduced the issue and passed it onto development to be investigated.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:11 AM, A_B_C said:

Just out of interest, what is the purpose of this particular use of adjustment layers, Wosven? I’ve never used any of them this way

"this particular use of adjustment layers": not sure about the question, since the adjustement layers are masking group containing the objects they should modify (but they shouldn't modify the grey shadow effect applied to the group), as they are positioned by default by the app if you don't modify the default behaviour.

I had to put the adjustement layers inside the bottom group for the export to be correct. (It seems there's another problem, since it doesn't occur when hidding the upper groups containing also adjustements and pixels layers modifying only different parts of the bottom group.)

Purpose: I've got some arabesques created with vectors and clipped pixels layers. Dupplicate of this original vector with clipped pixel layers are use to modify different parts (light and shadows), using blend modes. Once done, I want to modify globally the colours (using adjustement layers again, or simply clipping a texture inside the bottom vector drawing), to have not the rainbow, but a large panel of different colourfull images I can match with different backgrounds, etc.

I usually do this with different adjustement layers, or blend modes. Since I need raster files, I don't mind doing it this way, it's faster than recolouring each part of a vector drawing. And adding a texture give interesting results, less "industrial" or mechanical as can be vectors... too bad I didn't think to do it earlier!

Today, devices use better resolution than in the past, so using AD to redraw and do it seems a good idea... Until this bug.

Also, I did illustrations using vector and pixel layers. It's best if you can use adjustement layers and have a correct export instead of a pixelated or unantialiased one! (Or other bugs I reported.)

And last point: on this forum, we can see different ways to use/clip/organize layers and objects. At the begining, more used to PS, AI, ID, Gimp and Krita, I was using layers in what I would call the expected or usual way... But Serif provide us with a lot more options, and people use them in a lot of different ways, as we can see in files and videos. The dev' certainly have a lot more headaches deciding how clipped/inside/grouped/layers/adjustement/objects/etc. should interact, and debugging or correcting things when result is unexpected.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.