You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop Mode on Sony A7M3 with APS-C Lens causes Crash

Hi, Opening a ARW taken on a A7M3 in crop mode with a APS-C lens crashed the Beta version with an sudden exit, I cannot replicate and there was no crash dump but I have added the image file that caused the crash as an attachment.

Whereas on the PRD/BETA version the Lens Vignette is not correct as you can see here, setting the Intensity to 0 in the Remove Lens Vignette panel presents the correct image:

Regards, Don

Crop Mode ARW.jpg

A7301261.ARW

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Hi Chris, the crash hasn't happened again but the lens adjustment should adjust the Vignette to 0 rather than 100 for APS-C lenses attached to the FF Sony cameras.

Regards, Don

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Sony E PZ: Lens correction doesn't remove vignette" (REF: AFP-3164) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1720".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.