You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scale with Object on by default

It appears to be a property which gets saved with the document. So even if saved in one it can be off again in another document unless you have saved it there, too.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I'm afraid it is not. I don't know of any document specific setting you could set across various documents synchronously. And this even appears to be not stable within one document and session, though I had activated it for my current document recently, I now experience it to be deactivated again, caused by any unknown action but not related to object specific settings in this document. Bit weird.

And new documents seem to start with this option always as disabled.

May be someone more experienced with this feature comes up.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

8 hours ago, dCip said:

Hi, is there a way to permanently turn on Scale with Object in the Stroke panel? Thanks for the help.

Yes please - an option in preferences would be nice

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 1 year later...

Really would love to this implemented PLEEEEEEASE!!!

My mistake, bit just spent a lot of time going through my large project enabling  this 'Scale with Object' :(

I surprised this not on by default when creating curves????

Affinity Photo Version 2, Affinity Designer Version 2 on PC and iPad

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i7-7700K@4.20GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti

• 4 months later...

You can alter the Default behaviour by making something the way you want it (fill and stroke colours, opacity etc.) and then, with the object selected, using Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from selection and then immediately go to Edit > Defaults > Save. Now you will have that set for new objects. If you include the Scale with object checked in the stroke panel then all new curves and shapes will have that on by default.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

FX wasn't mentioned, strokes were.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, Old Bruce said:

You can alter the Default behaviour by making something the way you want it (fill and stroke colours, opacity etc.) and then, with the object selected, using Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from selection and then immediately go to Edit > Defaults > Save. Now you will have that set for new objects. If you include the Scale with object checked in the stroke panel then all new curves and shapes will have that on by default.

I would also suggest that one could set up a document with all the settings one wanted, and then save that as a template.