You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Get Macros to respond after clicking on them

When I click a Macro in the Library palette (to have the Macro affect a raster layer), the Macro typically does not activate unless I click it twice, three times, or even four times.

I have proven this is occurring by testing a couple of different Macros. Both require me to click them more than once most of the time in order to get them to work.

This is occurring on a simple 100x100px RGB file.

This multiple-clicking routine becomes incredibly frustrating when one is trying to get production work accomplished.

My system:
AP 1.8.3
Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.5

I have never had this problem with activating a macro. The only times my mouse has behaved like that was when the mouse battery was failing. Is your mouse functioning otherwise?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

This problem has been reported many times in the past. Not sure what the current bug status is.

As a last resort workaround, you can right-click the macro in the Library palette, select Edit Macro and run the macro directly from the Macro Studio

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:31 AM, John Rostron said:

I have never had this problem with activating a macro. The only times my mouse has behaved like that was when the mouse battery was failing. Is your mouse functioning otherwise?

John

This problem is only occurring in AP for me. My mouse is perfectly fine (it is a wired mouse which does not require a battery, incidentally). User Carl123 has provided a link to another user's complaint about this issue, which dates back to March of this year. I am surprised that an update has not been released which might have solved this problem.