You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So here is the problem, first with respect to the selection tool which is not the same issue as the one already noted in this thread. You will see in the video that there is a small piece of highlighted area and each time I use the selection tool with Subtract, it removes it but then crashes on close. On reopen the selection is still active.

I discovered that the way that I could get rid of the selection was to simply ‘double tap’, then save.  It then reopens without the selection active.

So from there I wanted to put a vignette on using the methods described in the tutorial section.  I opened the image that I double tapped to remove the selection to put the vignette on. It is important to note that this crash with the vignette does not occur on any other image, just this one. I have also built the vignette from scratch, not used the macro and that doesn’t make a difference.  I have done the following, re-installed AP, I have actually recreated this image which is a 3 image vertical pano and it crashes on the new image. 

I will be very happy to upload the original images for you testing.  The one thing that would like to note is that I believe that it has something to do with the colour layers.  Credit to disjecta and Olivia Sarikas.

Edited by p_mac
Credits

1 minute ago, p_mac said:

not the same issue as the one already noted in this thread

Did you mean to provide a link to a previous discussion? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...