You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Humorous composite photos with Affinity Photo

Kasper-V

The devil finds work for idle hands, they say.  I'm not sure if this counts as keeping out of trouble or the devil's work, but I've been amusing myself searching for self-portraits with a window and ... 'improving' them. (All the additional images I found with Google.) See what you think !

Portrait of Bartolomeo Bonghi.
But if you will call yourself Bart Bongy, you're asking for it, aren't you?

BartolomeoBonghi.jpg.d6b4068c1cee0dc160a43151d15608ca.jpg

"No, YOU tell him he's in my light!"
Marie-Denise Villers 1774 – 1821, self portrait with friend.

121188923_Marie-DeniseVillers.jpg.449cd40974a76504aa9d0542383a6510.jpg

Saint Luke reading the government's latest social distancing guidelines to the Virgin and infant Jesus.
Rogier van der Weyden, 16th century self-portrait (He's the one on the right).

1420210032_StLukVirginchild.jpg.31f5a27446c4d0aea356c2e551e21db7.jpg

Raphael meets Magritte ...
Animated GIF made with JASC Animation Studio

Unicorn.gif.98678ce517e3cbc888eb63163863117c.gif

This is a self-portrait by 19th century Dutch artist Louis Meijer, but I've been very cheeky and replaced his painting with some artwork of my own. 
I used the Pen tool to select the canvas; if you switch to the Selection brush you can use Refine to, well, refine the selection -- it will do much of the work for you, so you don't have to work so  hard with the Pen. I matched the drawing to the mask with the Perspective tool.

Louis Meijer 2.jpg

Edited by Kasper-V
Correction

Laughing and laughing.  The images are hilarious.  And so are your comments.  Your own “artwork” is priceless.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

They're all good, but the nod towards Terry Gilliam done it for me. 

Should of part animated all of them.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

33 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

They're all good, but the nod towards Terry Gilliam done it for me. 

Should of part animated all of them.

The Master! Well, it's a lot of work to animate them, which is why I don't do many animations. And the files are much bigger than the flatties. But if you're going to put temptation in my way ... Just remember what I said about finding work for idle hands! 😊

6 hours ago, Kasper-V said:

The Master! Well, it's a lot of work to animate them, which is why I don't do many animations. And the files are much bigger than the flatties. But if you're going to put temptation in my way ... Just remember what I said about finding work for idle hands! 😊

Well. . .you only get out what you put in. Sometimes that harder the work, the better the result.

And. . .I've never heard of JASC Animation Studio! I used to create GIF images with Photoshop back in the day (version 7). . .I can't believe that I said THAT word again. So I know the time and effort that goes into creating GIF animations.

Time consuming, yes, but fun to do nonetheless.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

8 hours ago, AffinityJules said:

I've never heard of JASC Animation Studio!

Well now, this could be a long story, Jules; make a cup of tea, put your feet up and ...

Many years ago I was working for the Open University (in England), making intranet systems for the course design teams. Although we had our own in-house graphics department,  it was often quicker for small items to make our own. We used Paint Shop Pro -- the outdated version 4 -- and, being the inquisitive soul I am, I set out to learn it thoroughly. A year or so later, I saw an offer for version 7, and paid to have my own legitimate copy at home. In those days, PSP was still maintained by its original creator, JASC; the full name was Just Another Software Company, later Jets And Software Company. In the end it was bought out by Corel, who have 'improved' it considerably.
Oh yes -- the point! PSP came bundled with Animation Shop, which ... well, made animations: gif, avi, and a couple of others I've never heard of. It was discontinued long ago, but it's great for small jobs like my Unicorns. I have Blender, and one of these days I'll get stuck in and learn to use it. But what's the rush?