You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What OS? Has your OS been upgraded recently?

I presume you also installed it? (Silly question, I know, but sometimes they're needed.)

Also, do you mean that you cannot start the standalone Photo and Designer applications, or that you can't use the Photo and Designer Personas within Publisher?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi inspiredmac,

What happens when you try to open them? Do you get any error messages? Please could you try uninstalling and reinstalling one of the apps to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

As of yesterday, after I updated Publisher, I couldn't get either Photo or Designer to open up. There was no indicator light on under their icons on the dock. However, if I clicked on their icons, I had the option to right click and Force Quit the applications (strange stuff). I ran the full set of TechTool Pro's suite of tools on my Mac last night, then called it quits. Today I was able to open Photo and Designer. However, after exporting a .jpg in Photo, the program froze. Right-clicking on the program's icon in the dock did not give me a Force Quit option. I had to use Option > Command > Escape.

Publisher opened okay.

Yes, Photo and Designer were the 1.8 versions before I downloaded Publisher's 1.8 update.

I also wasn't sure if all the brushes I purchased from Frankentoon and others would be retained if I re-installed Designer, for instance. I did download and re-install Publisher because I've never added any extras to the program, so I had nothing to lose.

I ran TechTool Pro 12 and finally managed to get all the programs running together (fingers crossed). But now I can't get Designer to save a file to any folder that I create,

Every very other program I have can save a file to a folder I created on my hard drive. Designer won't. It keeps giving me the message: "

"Save failed because you do not have permission to create a file in that location.Do you wish to save the document to a new file?"

Affinity Photo saves a file anywhere I want to save it!

Some people have suggested repairing permissions, but that function is no longer available in Disk Repair, and not necessary in the latest OSX.