You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I should change workstations soon because my pc is having problems with the motherboard,

On the PC that is having problems I installed all the Affinity suite (Photo, Designer and Publisher) regularly purchased.

I would like to know how I can deactivate the licenses from this PC and activate them on the new one.

I also wanted to know if the 3 licenses can be installed not only on a fixed PC but also on a laptop ... or should other licenses be purchased?

Regards

You can install each program that you've licensed on as many Windows PCs as you personally own or control, as long as no one but you uses them for commercial purposes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello, this is my first visit to this forum EVER!! I have Affinity suite installed on 2 computers.

I only came here because an hour ago I was having problems using the Affinity suite which I had earlier installed on my second computer; I hadn't yet used it tho. Anyway, EVERY component kept crashing on me as soon as I tried to open or create ANYTHING. I came here to make sure I was right about actually being able to install it on more than one, or not. THIS POST ANSWERS THAT QUESTION!

It was such a nice co-inky-dink (coincidence) that I had to post. ...Something I RARELY DO!!

In any case, Thank you BOTH for asking (and answering) my question.

I'll have to deal with the crashes later as I have to eat right now.

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You can install each program that you've licensed on as many Windows PCs as you personally own or control, as long as no one but you uses them for commercial purposes.

So practically only one license can be used for commercial purposes .... if this license is inserted on other PCs always in my possession .... they can be used but not for commercial purposes.

Basically a commercial license = 1 pc

Even if "I knew" that usually a program can be installed both on a fixed and on a notebook and be both valid for commercial purposes .... obviously installed on other PCs it is no longer valid commercially .... this usually it happens with the other software that I use

26 minutes ago, Tony77 said:

Basically a commercial license = 1 pc

No, one commercial licence = one user: if you are the licensee, you can install and use the software for personal or commercial purposes on any PC that you own or control. Other people can (with your permission!) use the software for personal projects on one of your PCs, but for commercial use they would need additional licences.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

22 minutes ago, Alfred said:

No, one commercial licence = one user: if you are the licensee, you can install and use the software for personal or commercial purposes on any PC that you own or control. Other people can (with your permission!) use the software for personal projects on one of your PCs, but for commercial use they would need additional licences.

Ok as I understand I can also install it on three PCs ... the important thing is that they are used only by me for commercial purposes .... do I understand correctly?

Just now, Tony77 said:

Ok as I understand I can also install it on three PCs ... the important thing is that they are used only by me for commercial purposes .... do I understand correctly?

Yes, you do. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)