You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I used to use webplus for Web design, what should I use now?

@maxine45

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

12 hours ago, maxine45 said:

is it still alright for basic webpage creation?

Yes!

Are you aware of the Community Plus forums for those Serif products which are now Legacy?  If not, I would suggest you register at and repost there; there are a number of experienced WebPlus users there who would be happy to help you with specific problems.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

18 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@maxine45

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Yes!

Are you aware of the Community Plus forums for those Serif products which are now Legacy?  If not, I would suggest you register at and repost there; there are a number of experienced WebPlus users there who would be happy to help you with specific problems.

HTH

Jeff

Thankyou soooo much 👌

Can you please help me decide what to use now that webplus X software is old?

Take a look at this thread on CommunityPlus: What would you recommend to replace WebPlus X8

Or is it still alright for basic webpage creation?

It’s all right if you don’t mind having static pages (preferably separate sets for desktop and mobile use, and therefore more tedious to build and maintain) rather than having responsive or adaptive pages which display well on any device.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you're on a Mac, don't want to pay subscription prices, and desire a visual design tool that does not require knowledge of HTML, CSS or Javascript, I would recommend that you take a look at Sparkle. https://sparkleapp.com

Otherwise, if you don't mind paying subscription prices, I've heard great things about Webflow. https://webflow.com

RapidWeaver is another good web design app for the Mac, but you'll need some of the available plugins for it to really make it worthwhile for a designer:

https://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

Without those plugins (Stacks, and Foundation in particular) it is a bit more limited to working within the context of pre-designed templates, which is fine for some users but rather limiting for the rest of us.

17 hours ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

If you're on a Mac, don't want to pay subscription prices, and desire a visual design tool that does not require knowledge of HTML, CSS or Javascript, I would recommend that you take a look at Sparkle. https://sparkleapp.com

Otherwise, if you don't mind paying subscription prices, I've heard great things about Webflow. https://webflow.com

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

RapidWeaver is another good web design app for the Mac

The OP is a WebPlus user. As WebPlus only works on Windows, it’s unlikely (albeit not impossible) that she’s using a Mac.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

The OP is a WebPlus user. As WebPlus only works on Windows, it’s unlikely (albeit not impossible) that she’s using a Mac.

Agreed, that's why I didn't reply to that earlier until someone else jumped in with it.  I had thought of pointing out the same in my earlier reply but for some reason appear to have left it out.

• 2 years later...

Never ever used Serif WebPlus or Xara web designer, instead all I just need therefor is some good coding editor or IDE also suitable for frontend & web development tasks (WebStorm, PhpStorm, Sublime Text, Emacs, Neovim ...). - However, if something clicky mickey WYSIWYG based is primarly needed, then I would probably look after some platform independent tool, which offers sort of an all-in-one support for HTML 5, JS, CSS, Bootstrap ... etc. So probably more tools like ...

... since I don't like overall net dependent just online usable tools.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2