You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've found references confirming that Tagged PDF support is not currently available within Publisher. I'd like to know if these feature is on your roadmap and if so when you expect to be adding it. 

Tagged PDFs are very important for producing accessible content, which is an important consideration when producing items for sale. I was very excited to be learning this suite until I learned that I'm not going to be able to use it for my publications.

Please respond to let me know the status of adding this feature so that I can plan accordingly.

Shawn

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Serif no longer has a public roadmap listing future features for the Affinity suite. And they generally do not comment on which features are coming until the features are very close to being released to their users.

You're right that tagged PDF functions are not present today in Publisher. If they are truly a requirement for your work it's probably best to use some other program, for now.

(Realistically, it could be a long time before that function becomes available, if ever.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I must say that this is a serious disappointment. Even free software (Scribus) offers Tagged PDFs as a basic feature. If supporting accessibility efforts is not a priority for the company, I am very sorry to have supported them.

I hope that I receive a more encouraging message from an actual company representative.

Shawn

54 minutes ago, SPConlin said:

I must say that this is a serious disappointment. Even free software (Scribus) offers Tagged PDFs as a basic feature. If supporting accessibility efforts is not a priority for the company, I am very sorry to have supported them.

I hope that I receive a more encouraging message from an actual company representative.

Shawn

Does Scribus now have tagged pdf capabilities? Last work I did in Scribus was 2015/2016. It didn't have it then.

Which means Scribus went without that capability for at least 13 or 14 years of development. 

APub is a year or so old.

My apologies. I was referencing an article that listed Tagged PDFs for Scribus but upon going to reference the how to see that the author listed it only to say that it didn't have it. That error aside, the age of the software shouldn't change the importance of accessibility features or are you saying that because some other software didn't prioritize it, it's ok for Affinity to give accessibility a backseat?

No. I'm not saying anything of the sort. 

I have no idea if or when tagged pdf capabilities will arrive. And as mentioned, Serif may or may not make a public statement either. 

Making a quality tagged pdf is hard work. Adobe still can't do it in ID, though it's gotten better over the 20 years it's been in development. Though I don't make many tagged pdfs, I never not needed to correct them in Acrobat. In some cases with a few designs it was easier to do it fully in Acrobat.