You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher, problem to delete a single page.

I am working in the Publisher on an extensive multi-page project. It's double pages, like a magazine. The problem is that if one delete a single page, all other pages will not work. For example, the graphics remain on the left, although they should automatically be on the right. Is this a bug? What can I do?

• Staff

Hi Designer1,

How many pages are in the document and which page are you deleting?

In my simple test document of 12 pages, if i place images on the left of the double pages 4,5,6,7,8 and then delete a single page, either 1,2,3 then the images move to the right as expected.

If i delete page 9, this has not effect on the image layout on pages, 4,5,6,7,8, which is to best expected (unless im missing something).  It should only affect the pages after 9.  Again, im just a very simple test document so may not have the exact same layout as yourself.

Hello stokerg,

The document consists of 100 pages. Each page has text. The text is linked in frames across all pages. So if I delete a page, the whole layout is wrong. The same problem if one insert a single page (not a double page) in the middle of the document. It would be desirable that the Publisher automatically corrects layout, left and right page. So that the text and pictures are always in the right place. If you have any advice on what can be done to avoid this problem, I would be very grateful. Thanks.