You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

URGENT HELP !!! Publisher crashing

I see that you have also the beta installed. Does it work with the beta? The ADesigner files I see are the ones placed in the document? The file size is very small. Smallest .afdesign I ever produced was 1,71 MB. Do those afdesign files open fine for you? If yes, rename them, open APu and re-link them if possible.

Next question: Do you want to print n-up of your artwork? Or do you want to make a PDF? If you just want to print n-up you can do this from the printing dialogue as well, without having the files placed more than once.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Same thing on beta. It is not posibble to use print dialog because I must put the files in a certain position and I`m not sure if I can do this with print dialog. I noticed that if I wait 2 minutes after opening the file, I can access the resource manager and export the file.

6 hours ago, sorinciupitu said:

I noticed that if I wait 2 minutes after opening the file, I can access the resource manager and export the file.

I am not familiar enough with Windows to know how to interpret the info in the window that appears at about 1:00 in your video but from what I can tell, it looks like the document is stored on a network drive. If so, the crash may be related to network delays in accessing all the necessary data from that location.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

June 18, 2020—KB4567523 (OS Build 19041.331)

Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly. 

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing. The print spooler might generate an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer. You might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from, such as receiving an error, or the app might close unexpectedly. This issue might also affect software-based printers, such as when printing to PDF.

Further ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

7 hours ago, R C-R said:

I am not familiar enough with Windows to know how to interpret the info in the window that appears at about 1:00 in your video but from what I can tell, it looks like the document is stored on a network drive. If so, the crash may be related to network delays in accessing all the necessary data from that location.

it behaves the same if it is on the local hard disk

Is it a lack of memory or ressources? APub/AD can ask a lot of ressources on the system, did you opened the task manager to verify if the shut down correspond to a lack of memory, for example?

Do you have a crash report after the shut down?

Are there any crash logs?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

Is it a lack of memory or ressources? APub/AD can ask a lot of ressources on the system, did you opened the task manager to verify if the shut down correspond to a lack of memory, for example?

Do you have a crash report after the shut down?

this is what I get.

I use Dell XPS 9560 with i7 7th gen, 32GB RAM DDR4, nvidia Geforce 1050 Tiwith 4GB VRAM, 1TB SSD. I think there is a lot of resource available...

Taskmgr_5Iox3e4l82.png

You should find .dmp file in the report folder, and their date should coincide with the moments of the crashes.

4 hours ago, sorinciupitu said:

reports is a empty folder

damn.

Somewhere on the forum is explained how to get logs... If someone can find the post about this...

• Staff

Please could you make the app crash then provide the crash log found here %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports? Could you also please tell me if you have tried reinstalling your print driver?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, Callum said:

Please could you make the app crash then provide the crash log found here %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports? Could you also please tell me if you have tried reinstalling your print driver?

I have attached the last files. Can`t open so I send it all.

P.S. 

In other words, there is another method by which I can reach the result I have in the initial clip. I mean can I multiply a design on a bigger page without consuming so many resources? Because any time when I want to doen this, the app crashes...

0fb01ba5-6bd3-4f91-bfb4-5ec7484f29a3.dmp 057cfc95-3bf1-4142-95ea-4834a84f9214.dmp 1dd13d79-a501-4186-bdfc-b4e1718d536b.dmp 98d99561-6699-42fb-8f1a-3ac8b5014647.dmp 4741873b-d1bd-48f6-b2ad-f63099e9a5a4.dmp 5aba62fe-e6bc-4278-94c1-ef91c4ac780a.dmp 8bb69161-f1ba-48dc-96ae-bd41bf563789.dmp 6b987eb4-d2ef-4fd1-8e23-1c154aa681c3.dmp