You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Crashes Every Time I Try To Print

9 minutes ago, ukalan said:

If so what options do I have?

Welcome to the forums. There are no options ... unless you tell us more like

- What is your OS?
- What is the printer you are using?
- Are you using the latest printer drivers?
- Are you using the latest Affinity application? Does the crash also happens with the latest beta?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Joachim_L, I am using Windows 10,  I have an HP Laser Jet 1200 series printer, I have the latest drivers, though it is an older printer, I only really use it to proof read my layouts. I am using the latest trial version of Affinity. I can work around the problem by printing to .pdf and then printing via a .pdf viewer so it's not a big deal, it's just a bit annoying and I was just wondering if this was a common problem?

Ok to narrow down if it is the application itself or the specific file. Can you make a new document. Type something, do not change the font or anything. Try and print. Does it crash? If not I would say there is something specific in the document you are working on that is an issue, most likely a font. 

June 18, 2020—KB4567523 (OS Build 19041.331)

Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly. 

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing. The print spooler might generate an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer. You might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from, such as receiving an error, or the app might close unexpectedly. This issue might also affect software-based printers, such as when printing to PDF.

Further ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 4 months later...

Well my system crashes when I try to print with every version of MacOS and Affinity Designer / Photographer / Publisher since February, maybe earlier. It's a 2019 iMac with 72GB RAM and it does it even with a newly-rasterised image. Preview and Capture One print fine. It's an Epson 3880. The OS, drivers and Affinity are kept up to the latest non-beta release.