You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm looking for a complete video training package for Affinity Photo...like what you can get on lynda.com.  

I've watched the Affinity Video Training videos and like them very much but still have some (often basic) questions that a total package would have.

Do you know of any such training?  Or a book you'd recommend?

I'm sure these will be coming out soon if there are none out at this time.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hello psjohnuk,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can find a complete set of tutorials for Affinity Photo here. The Help file also covers extensively all of its features. There's a handbook being planned but it may still take considerable time. Meanwhile you can also check Affinity Review (our ezine) which also offers has some written tutorials.

I support Wally's request.  While the tutorials, magazine, etc. are very good, they don't fill an important gap—the "Affinity Photo Essential Training"-like course, ala lynda.com's "Lightroom CC Essential Training," "Photoshop CC Essential Training," etc. We need an overview of the spirit in which the program has been put together, the major portions (personas?) of the program and their purposes, then an extensive visit to all the power (how-tos) within the program.

I suspect given time I could become acceptably able to use most of the features, but a good course could speed up the process immensely.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Given that in one of the forums on Affinity Photo/Designer a fellow poster one stated that they would like to see Lynda.com create a series of tutorials on Affinity's offerings. They were courageous enough to write them and ask if they would consider doing so. Their response was phrased politely enough but essentially meant this "Affinity is not popular enough to warrant attention at this time. Should the situation change, we may address it." This was. I think, about a year ago.

Guess what? It's 32 degrees Fahrenheit in Hell today.

http://www.lynda.com/Masking-Compositing-tutorials/Affinity-Photo-Essential-Training/453344-2.html

Haha Quarian, and I see pigs in the sky!

I've sent requests to all of the filter makers I use (Nik, On1, DxO), asking for Affinity Photo support. I think the more requests are made, the more likely we will get cooperation and attention :)

In the Lydia.com link, if nothing else it is worth checking out the short "Affinity Photo vs. Photoshop" video (or the transcript). 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

... I'd like some more training on using Affinity a Photo on advanced issues.

The basic training just came out three days ago. I am sure, some advanced courses will follow. Maybe also some advanced realworld photo treatments from start to finish.