You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change PDF title on Af Designer

2 hours ago, ZaQ said:

When I export as PDF, the name of the file on the browser is always different to the name I assigned. I found this but it is only for Af Publisher and I cannot find it in Designer. Thanks

You can't in Designer. 😞

The fields studio panel should be available in Designer and Photo as well. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 1 year later...

I wish Affinity Designer had the fields studio panel.

Or even better: I wish it was a field in the export dialog, since I often export selections to PDF files in Designer. So I would like to change the title for each export. 

On 7/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, ZaQ said:

Agreed! For now I am just changing it from adobe's acrobat DC by going to file > properties > then I change the title. Tedious but it's fine :D

That is unfortunately not possible in the free version of Acrobat Reader DC, as far as I can tell. 

Yes, it's a shame. But you can change the "Title" in AP, in the "Metadata" panel.

View > Studio > Metadata > File > Title

13 hours ago, telemax said:

Yes, it's a shame. But you can change the "Title" in AP, in the "Metadata" panel.

View > Studio > Metadata > File > Title

Yeah, I know, and I have Publisher as well (and love it, especially with the unified file format that makes it easy to open in all the apps!), but this should reasonably be in Designer too and not require Publisher. 

(And I think it will be more likely that users need to set the title differently for different objects in Designer, since it's more likely that they export selections in Designer.)