You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP brush not drawing where cursor is

Hey all...don't know if there is anyone else experiencing this anomaly. I did a quick search but didn't find any obvious threads, so here goes:

I'm running AP in Windows 10 on my laptop, and I'm trying to create a watermark using my signature. I've created the PNG file, then loaded it using new intensity brush.

I created an 8x10 inch background to experiment using the brush. Here's the weird part. When I place my cursor to use the brush, the resulting "stroke" is always offset from where the cursor actually is. If I set the brush size to 500 pixels, the brush stroke (signature) is offset by 1/8" above. I change the brush to another preset style that comes with AP, and everything works fine..the resulting brush strokes appear exactly where my cursor is.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a fix or reported bug anyone knows about? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

I could attach a screenshot but  for some reason the screen won't capture the outline of my signature as a brush...it only captures the image if I actually USE the brush on the background. (Hopefully I'm explaining this enough for someone to figure out. If a scrrenshot is needed I'll use my cellphone to upload an image.

Take a screenshot of the brush settings.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions