You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - pressure sensitivity doesn't work with XP-Pen Deco01 graphic tablet

I am using an XP-Pen Deco01 (V01) graphic tablet, which has been working perfectly for me with basically any app. I already updated the driver, and it didn't solve the problem.

So my problem is that I can't get the stylus pressure to work in any of the tools in Affinity Designer. It's like the software doesn't even see my stylus as a pen, it works exactly the same as a mouse. I tried disabling using Windows Ink, but then it didn't even see my tablet at all. Actually I'm very new to the software, but I tried to play around with brush settings, searched a few tutorials, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas what can be wrong and how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I've tested pressure in Designer using a XP-Pen Deco 3 and have no issues. I assume you've selected a brush that is pressure enabled and you'll also checked that on the Content Toolbar the Controller is set to Pressure?

Can you confirm the version of Designer you have installed?

11 hours ago, Lee D said:

I've tested pressure in Designer using a XP-Pen Deco 3 and have no issues. I assume you've selected a brush that is pressure enabled and you'll also checked that on the Content Toolbar the Controller is set to Pressure?

Can you confirm the version of Designer you have installed?

Thnanks for getting back to me!

Pressure enabled brush: yes, tried multiple. I was actually thinking I chose one that's static, but I tried multiple packs and clicked through of them hoping to find one that works. None did. :(

Controller: yes, set to pressure.

I am using version 1.8.3.641.

Have you tried editing the the pressure settings in the PentabletSettings, also check for updates XP-Pen update often: https://www.xp-pen.com/download-298.html there was an update for Jun 12

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions