You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic renaming of layers and artboards

Automatic renaming of layers and artboards

When copying artboards several times, they are added with the same name. Often this ends up with many artboards with the name "Artboard1".
Artboard names are for example important when exporting, so they should have unique names
I need an option which, after selecting layers or artboards, would allow me to give them a name with consecutive numbers like

CustomName 01
CustomName 02
CustomName 03

It is very uncomfortable and time consuming to manually edit this for 30 artboards.

Yes i know. And to rename all manually is very slow and sometimes i can't double click to another layer to starting to rename it. I need to use 3 clicks to work.

Not sure what is going on when i rename a Layer because sometimes the entire Layer Panel is Flashing to Hide and Show and 1 mouse click is wasted.

• 11 months later...

Hey'lo. I just read this topic and I totally agree with you. There should be an automatic routine that would with an incremental and easy naming. In adobe XD it behaves like that, and it's much more convenient when using multiple artboards, specifically w/ social media artworks. 

Is this functionality part of some next smart moves?