You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Handling Fonts with Project – from Desktop to iPad

Start project on Desktop - continue project on iPad.

What is the easiest way to get used fonts to iPad?

I would love to have them embedded in the Affinity file.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Hi Callum,

I sometimes have files with 20 Fonts and more (eg for font comparing purposes). This is a pain in the ..

I can't even collect fonts inside Affinity, can I.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Also no 1 life hack for designers:

01. Save your fonts

“When you back up work for long-term storage and archiving, save the fonts in there, too,” advises Patrick Foster, professor of design at Vancouver Island University. “You’ll almost never have the same font library in a year or whenever you need to revisit the work.”

https://www.creativebloq.com/features/25-top-life-hacks-for-designers

27 minutes ago, Johannes said:

Also no 1 life hack for designers:

01. Save your fonts

“When you back up work for long-term storage and archiving, save the fonts in there, too,” advises Patrick Foster, professor of design at Vancouver Island University. “You’ll almost never have the same font library in a year or whenever you need to revisit the work.”

https://www.creativebloq.com/features/25-top-life-hacks-for-designers

I would say most professionals package their jobs. I think it is essential to be able to collet all supporting files and fonts and cleanly organize them with a specific job. It is another reason Publisher would be a headache to work with if you are trying to work in a similar fashion to Indesign (which I prefer). Not sure it is all that important, save the fonts, if all your images are embedded in the file itself. So I could see Publisher working for some, but thinking it would not be the way most would want to work.