You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some "math" fonts have tiny glyphs in Glyph Panel

I've noticed that several of my "math" fonts have illegibly small glyphs in the Glyph Panel, even when the largest glyph size is selected in the hamburger menu.  Easiest possible example on Windows would be to compare the two fonts Cambria and Cambria Math. I also see the problem with DejaVu Math Tex Gyre (compare with DejaVu Serif) and Latin Modern Math (compare with Latin Modern Roman12).  Interestingly, I do not see the problem with Segoe UI Symbol or with Libertinus Math, and the latter is certainly a full-fledged "math" font.

I'm not an expert on OpenType font encoding, but my (very limited) understanding is that "math" fonts have some additional/different metric tables to facilitate the more complex job of setting mathematical expressions. The Glyph Panel doesn't seem to handle the result very well in some circumstances.  Once selected, the math glyphs display in a text frame at the proper size; the issue only involves the Glyph Panel, both the display grid and the window of recently selected glyphs at the bottom. Hopefully, the examples I gave above of fonts that do, and do not, show the problem will help narrow things down.

Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise, AffPub 1.8.3.641.

Before moving this over to the bug reporting forum, can anyone out there confirm the problem?

• 3 weeks later...