You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

where the 50% off go :(

1 hour ago, Jetpac said:

Is this still happening (as i haven't received and email)

I hope the mail system works. When I wrote my first message here I could do that without user name first, then this site ask to register so everybody can read the message, which worked fine and the message was online shortly after. Then 3 days later I got the mail Did you forget to submit your content? It seems there was some lagging in the automated mail system. So I hope the offer isn't expired by the time I receive it.

• Staff

I think all these offer emails have been sent now. If you registered for the 90 day trial (and did not opt out of future communications from Serif) and do not seem to have got the offer email sent to the address you used to download it,  then I suggest that you send an email to AffinityOrders@serif.com (from that address) and ask then to look into whether one was sent to you. There may be a number of users like you, so by telling us when you got the trial and what address you used we could look you up and check we have done everything correctly in setting up our mass mailing.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I was unaware that the program discount had been extended until I came across this thread. It turns out that I had already received the email Patrick Connor mentioned, but my mail program had pre-sorted into a mostly-junk "Promotions" folder. So those who think you should have received it but don't see it, run a search for Affinity@serif.com. When I ran that search, I discovered that Affinity had also sent an earlier notice that the discount on the software and the various fonts packs, etc., was set to expire on June 20. I hadn't seen that message either because of my mail program's automatic sorting.

32 minutes ago, clara-c said:

I was unaware that the program discount had been extended until I came across this thread. It turns out that I had already received the email Patrick Connor mentioned, but my mail program had pre-sorted into a mostly-junk "Promotions" folder. So those who think you should have received it but don't see it, run a search for Affinity@serif.com. When I ran that search, I discovered that Affinity had also sent an earlier notice that the discount on the software and the various fonts packs, etc., was set to expire on June 20. I hadn't seen that message either because of my mail program's automatic sorting.

Interesting. After I started the trial I did not receive a single mail from Serif. My mail is working, my mail host does flag SPAM, but does not delete it. I do check my SPAM folder a few times a week. A no-SPAM policy is very good, but......

19 minutes ago, iso68 said:

Interesting. After I started the trial I did not receive a single mail from Serif. My mail is working, my mail host does flag SPAM, but does not delete it. I do check my SPAM folder a few times a week. A no-SPAM policy is very good, but......

If you're a gmail user it would probably end up in Promotions, not Inbox.

Also, it's possible that you would have needed to choose the option to receive news and offers by email when you signed up, or Serif might not send you further emails.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I think all these offer emails have been sent now. If you registered for the 90 day trial and do not seem to have got the offer email sent to the address you used to download it,  I suggest that you send an email to AffinityOrders@serif.com (from that address) and ask then to look into whether one was sent to you. There may be a number of users like you, so by telling us when you got the trial and what address you used we could look you up and check we have done everything correctly in setting up our mass mailing.

Thank you!

I've emailed AffinityOrders just now as I have not received any emails since my trial downloaded on 11th June. Have also warned my students to check their emails and junk filters.

**EDIT**

I noticed 3-4 days ago that when I tried to log in to the store - I don't have an account and it wasn't easy to see how to create one? I know I downloaded a legit copy from my personal email so I could test and I know the log-in to the forum here is a different account.

Did I do something wrong or not set something up correctly when I originally downloaded the trials?

Edited by Aphil-personal

17 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you're a gmail user it would probably end up in Promotions, not Inbox.

Also, it's possible that you would have needed to choose the option to receive news and offers by email when you signed up, or Serif might not send you further emails.

I use GMX.de, they are similar to mail.com. In gmail I always stay at "All mails", which is, well, all mails, except SPAM. I am not sure if I opted for receive news and offers, probably not. 

Anyway, I am now in contact with  the Affinity order staff, did pay, and now wait for the reply. 

BTW, I mainly use darktable, and will continue using it. But Affinity Photo has nice functions for panorama and focus stacking, does that with RAW files too. Hugin and Enfuse are too fiddly and don't support RAW.

I've emailed AffinityOrders last night and got a lovely reply back today so I've just paid for Designer and Photo.

With regard to other people's comments about not getting offer emails - for me, it's clearly because I didn't tick "yes" to update info and offers - probably because so often this leads to spam / junk emails. Anyway - if anyone else is in my position and has been in touch with Orders and wants to buy - I suggest you don't wait as Affinity will send an email if you have registered to accept (the little tick when you first downloaded the trial) and if you are not ticked - you won't get an offer emailed to you as you have by default asked Affinity not to contact you.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, Patrick Connor said:

I think all these offer emails have been sent now. If you registered for the 90 day trial and do not seem to have got the offer email sent to the address you used to download it,  I suggest that you send an email to AffinityOrders@serif.com (from that address) and ask then to look into whether one was sent to you. There may be a number of users like you, so by telling us when you got the trial and what address you used we could look you up and check we have done everything correctly in setting up our mass mailing.

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Patrick Connor said:

@iso68, @Gato, @mrtn and other readers.

The Sale has ended, but the Managing Director has heard you and is empathetic.

I understand that anyone with the 90 day trial who did not purchase the software while the 50% sale was on will be contacted by email very shortly with an exclusive email offer for you. Check the email address that you used for the 90 day trial sign up for emails from us in the next few days (it may take a while to send to everyone). 

Does anyone know if this is still the case?  I took up the trial but it has only just ended (I didn't receive an email).  I went to buy it two days after the end of the offer, I had misremembered the date.

17 hours ago, FrankR said:

(I didn't receive an email)

If you didn't receive an email, possibly you were not eligible for the extended offer.

Or possibly it went into your Spam folder? Or, if you're on gmail, perhaps it went into the Promotions tab of your Inbox, rather than the normal tab.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you didn't receive an email, possibly you were not eligible for the extended offer.

I think that was explained earlier, he (actually me too) opted for not receiving mails when we installed the trial. So serif really respects our privacy, unfortunately in this case. I certainly did not receive that end-of-offer warning.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Owlbear

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

The 50% offer has expired (by a few months actually), sorry.  We normally have a Black Friday Sale, though nothing has been announced this year.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 8 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 5:02 AM, MikeW said:

Assuming Affinity applications meet one's needs...so you're willing to go back to software that costs many times more because there is no current sale price?

I certainly understand the issue of paying more if Affinity applications don't fit one's needs. 

But at full price for all three, what's that cost? Three months, or less, than a CC subscription? Which one cannot use unless one keeps paying. And paying. And ...

What happened worldwide, Mike, is "flawed hijacked Adobe apps" vs "legit tried and true Affinity". That's the 'back to old app' means, I'd think.
Affinity, I beileve that continuing the friendlier price will shoot up your user base and user-generated word of mouth, worth much more than any paid ad you can pull.