You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

where the 50% off go :(

Greetings all , i have recently bought affinity photo and design love them both didn't even wait the 90 days to buy and also canceled my adobe CC account but wanted a little more time to see if i would need and could use affinity design after a few weeks i have decided the answer is a resoundingly big yes but to my disbelief i return to find it twice the cost as it was, thought it would last at least a trial period of 90 days to decide, sadly it appears not the case , when will be your next 50% off sale don't want to have to go back to adobe :(

I had the 90 day trial and missed my window of purchase as I did not do any graphic work for more than a month. I expected the lockdown trial version to have the discount attached to it but no. Back to CorelDRAW.

I managed to "sell" dozens of Affinity products during that time in various support forums and groups tho..

iMac 21" / iMac 27"

10 hours ago, SFurniss said:

Sorry, after three months the offer has now finished I'm afraid.

i really hate to sell off my software :( and have to go back to adobe that would suck, will there be any future sale in the very near future ? i hope so cheers

Assuming Affinity applications meet one's needs...so you're willing to go back to software that costs many times more because there is no current sale price?

I certainly understand the issue of paying more if Affinity applications don't fit one's needs. 

But at full price for all three, what's that cost? Three months, or less, than a CC subscription? Which one cannot use unless one keeps paying. And paying. And ...

Welcome here in the forums, elcarohw!

On 6/30/2020 at 2:52 AM, elcarohw said:

when will be your next 50% off sale

Serif will certainly not tell us that. Perhaps with the next virus wave. But you could use a discounted Apple gift card (and get a discounted Mac Pro).

On 6/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, elcarohw said:

when will be your next 50% off sale

As far as I know, this was the very first 50% discount sale. The typical sales are only 20% discount.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

No need to make fun of. I only used the application to provide technical support for the customers I have recommended Affinity software to and promised to help them out when they need it (sign makers). I am not the creative force but I am able to google and figure out how-to much faster than my clients. Made step by step tutorials how to create cut contours for vinyl cutters, how to create custom spot color palettes etc.

iMac 21" / iMac 27"

Hi guys, 

similar issue here. I went out of town for few days, with no laptop, willing to finalize my purchase once back... and sale was gone.

I just wanted to ask a question about licenses: I own an imac27 and a windows based laptop. Do I need to buy two separate licenses on can it go under the same one? I was reading that you can use the same license on personal owned devices.

That was the question I wanted to ask to the support before buying my product.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, Gato said:

I just wanted to ask a question about licenses: I own an imac27 and a windows based laptop. Do I need to buy two separate licenses on can it go under the same one? I was reading that you can use the same license on personal owned devices.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The applications are licensed separately for Mac, Windows, and iPad.

Yes, you can install on multiple computers that you own, but only if they run the same basic OS. Mixing Windows and Mac requires a second purchase.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:27 PM, mrtn said:

I had the 90 day trial and missed my window of purchase as I did not do any ...

Same boat, but on the Photo route. I mainly use other RAW software happily but Affinity Photo has some functions (mainly macro stacking) that I use a few times a year and makes it fully worthwhile.

This said, are they doing good Black Friday discounts? 

I am on the newsletter just in case...

Edited by iso68

• Staff

@iso68, @Gato, @mrtn and other readers.

The Sale has ended, but the Managing Director has heard you and is empathetic.

I understand that anyone with the 90 day trial who did not purchase the software while the 50% sale was on will be contacted by email very shortly with an exclusive email offer for you. Check the email address that you used for the 90 day trial sign up for emails from us in the next few days (it may take a while to send to everyone). 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@elcarohw

I am confused. You bought the software (APh & ADe) while it was at half price in June. Why do you need it to still be at half price now if you already bought it?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

9 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I understand that anyone with the 90 day trial who did not purchase the software while the 50% sale was on will be contacted by email very shortly with an exclusive email offer for you. Check the email address that you used for the 90 day trial sign up for emails from us in the next few days (it may take a while to send to everyone). 

I hope I can get it too, because I just found out about Affinity, and I want buy the Afinity Designer on Windows and on the iPad.

• Staff
7 hours ago, elcarohw said:

Affinity publisher 

So you're thinking of going back to Adobe for the sake of $35CA ? Thanks for clarifying.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, Dofitach said:

I hope I can get it too, because I just found out about Affinity, and I want buy the Afinity Designer on Windows and on the iPad.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Dofitach. :)

4 hours ago, Dofitach said:

I hope I can get it too

That seems highly unlikely. @Patrick Connor’s post makes it clear that the email offer is exclusively for

14 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:, 

anyone with the 90 day trial who did not purchase the software while the 50% sale was on

so if you’ve really “just found out about Affinity” you’ve missed the 90-day trial and therefore don’t qualify for the offer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, elcarohw said:

i really hate to sell off my software :( and have to go back to adobe that would suck, will there be any future sale in the very near future ? i hope so cheers

Not sure I get your logic here. Why would you have to go back to Adobe if Affinity Publisher is not 50% off? The app alone is the price of 1 month of the Adobe CC subscription. If Publisher does what you need it is an exceptionally good price at full cost. Sure it was even better at 50% off, but full price is still cheap. 

On 7/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks for that - at the start of lockdown I informed all my students about this trial - I have spoken with at least 4 who had decided to buy into Affinity at the end of the trial period. Same goes for me - I'm finding the transition from Photoshop very hard but I'm now over 50% decided to buy Photo and Designer so if there is going to be an exclusive offer for those of us who downloaded a trial - that is very welcome.

Adobe also had a lockdown offer to students around the world and this ends on 6th or 7th July - at which point there will be thousands of potential customers and potential future industry people who could be switched to Affinity users.

The only thing I would say if Affinity was to do a similar offer - is send a warning email a week or so before the end of the offer so people decide whether to buy or not. Anyhow, I can inform at least 12 potential future customers after reading this thread that they need to check their emails.

There may be thousands more out there after the Adobe cloud free offer to students suddenly ends next week.

Edited by Aphil-personal

On 7/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Hi Patrick, Is this still happening (as i haven't received and email)

I fall into the same boat and have only just twigged that the trial had ended (when going to use it today) and missed the chance to purchase.. its incredible how long this virus lockdown period has been.

Cheers!