You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hot Keys CTRL + A or C,V not working ?

I am at a loss and wondering if this a bug.

So after I start Publisher the standard Hot Keys to Select ALL, Copy and Paste stop working when I am trying to
work with text. I can no longer select text or cut and paste using my keyboard.

What happens instead is some weird INSERT functions that adds other characters.

Have no idea where this is coming from but it's slowing me down driving me nuts.  🥺

Anyone have clues?

Dan

Hi

I went through my Win 10 keyboard menus, everything is turned off.

When I start Publisher the common hotkeys to cut, paste, select all, undo work in my layout. The moment I Place or drag and drop text into a text box those hotkeys do an Insert "" thing as seen in my History screen cap.

I have included a test file for someone to try this. Place the file in a layout and tell me if you keys go bonkers (as you Brits say lol)

It would be hard to believe but I am willing...that my  text file corrupts your program with some garbage. It is a .docx file BUT not from Word. I use Libre Office and my editor proofed it in perhaps Word. To clean it up, with the least amount of grief I also resaved it in Wordpad to strip out the extra code.

I am trying to save only my bold and hyperlinks when pasting into the layout.

Let me know  Dan  (from Canada)

insert bug.jpg

Carrick Tract info.JG.docx

Seriously you have no problems! Ok then that reduces my suspects  🙄

I am using the 1.8.3.641 version.

I know what you mean there is a nefarious app running in the background interfering. How pasting a file would turn it on is a mystery. 

I will continue to look around for the culprit... likely a spellchecker or clipboard app hmmm??

stay tuned....

• Staff

When it's in that state and the shortcuts don't work, do they work in other apps? I remember at some point TinyTake (screen recording app) changed their default shortcuts and one of them was CTRL + D, the same shortcut for Deselect in our app. TinyTake, by its nature took priority, and CTRL + D did not work in our app. 

Gabe it was the Place shortcut key I had changed it to Alt + P

Don't know what it activates, but once I used it, it turns something on and kills all my hotkeys till I exit the program.  😕

I tried looking in the Task Manager, ended the task on a ton of things..nothing...it's a mystery??

Any way back to producing this book.

Many thanks for your input, sanity has been restored.  😉

• Staff

Must be a different app running in the background hijacking it. I just tried setting up Alt + P on a clean VM and it's all fine. Glad you got it sorted. What if you press ALT + P now that it's not longer a shortcut in or app? Does it still break other shortcuts?