You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Time for a Pro Version?

I too don't think it has to do with finding the funds to pay people, instead more to find people at all. - Especially nowadays in a country shaken by Brexit and Corona.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The suite of three apps is already pro (but still in 'early' development -- version 1.x) and is competitively priced. That's why I and so many others joined the Affinity project. Fundamental changes in marketing and development strategy at this stage might not be appreciated by the presently loyal user base. 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:51 AM, fde101 said:

That said, the notion of a "pro version" of these apps as has been suggested here is kind of silly.

err because the question was posed as a possible solution to allow MORE FUNDING for additional development speed / resources. Consensus being against it i am fine with, silly, I don't think so. As others have stated, perhaps cost increases and or having to pay to upgrade to major version updates that bring new features may be other options. Maybe they are just fine "as is". This post was to explore the situation as the software is good but designer is definitely missing some key features. I want the software to succeed without going subscription, if it can do that and add feature great, if it needs a bit of help then discussing such things can only be positive.