You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with master pages which causes previously formatted pages to lose their text

I'm trying to move to Publisher for a charity magazine that has been laid out very successfully for the last five years in PagePlus.

I currently have a two page spread with two single master pages, left and right, plus a front cover master page.

When the text for a new article is pasted into the left side page, it flows correctly across all the pages BUT the first page text appears in the left-side master page even though Layers>Master 2L>Edited Linked is definitely NOT selected.

I then go to the master page, select all text and delete it - fine. But when I go back to the magazine pages, the program crashes. When I re-start it, the text pasted has gone.

By multiple re-starts I have somehow got to laying the third article for the magazine but with the most recent occurrence of this problem, I find it has also deleted the formatted and completed text from the second article to be laid out, which is of course rather annoying.

Version 1.8.3.641, Windows 10.

[A get-around that seems to work when setting up new pages is to drag across the master page (complete with erroneous text) then 'Edit Detached' the new page, delete the erroneous text, then 'Finish'].

Edited by Rodx

Thanks @Gabe,

Testing with a new blank document was fine so ultimately, I deleted the left-side master and drew up a completely new one. Text and images - but not frames - were then copied across from a copy of the ap file.

This has fixed the problem - but I can't say where the gremlin got in!