You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rotate about the anchor point

You can change the rotation center via the Transform palette, but it's only one of 9 positions within the bounds of the shape itself... there's no actual rotate tool yet...

Hi

Is there a way to change to anchor point of a shape before you rotation or scaling it?

If it is not possible then it would be good idea to include this feature in the next update - just make life a bit easier :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi ronnyb, thanks for your quick response.

I've selected one of those 9 positions (except for the middle one) in the transform panel, but when I rotate the shape it still rotates about the center - does not seem to work. Any idea why? Thanks :)

No problem MoneyFire...

Those 9 positions only work if you type the amount of rotation, shear or size (for scaling) and then hit return. If you prefer to perform transformations directly on the object itself and not numerically through the Transform palette, try this: select the Move tool, hold down the Control key while hovering by a shape's upper left handle, and then click and drag. The shape will rotate by using the lower-right shape boundary as a pivot point.

Also, once your cursor is hovering near a selected shape's handles and it changes from the current cursor to the resize, rotate, or shear cursor, be sure to look at the info bar along the bottom of the screen, as it shows all the modifier keys available for use with the current tool and shape selection...

Cheers!

Hi ronnyb, thanks for your quick response.

I've selected one of those 9 positions (except for the middle one) in the transform panel, but when I rotate the shape it still rotates about the center - does not seem to work. Any idea why? Thanks :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17