You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free transform and warping tool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is a necessity for both designer vector and for pixel persona. I love being able to sketch things out in designer on a pixel layer over top vector layers to determine how I want things to look. I wanted to warp part of my sketch in the designer pixel layer but could not find the warp. So I need to go over to photo to make that edit? 

On 12/27/2020 at 12:57 PM, Boldlinedesign said:

Affinity designer's pixel tools should not be as robust as what photo offers (and vice versa) but the ability to warp and modify a selection on a pixel layer should be included. 

Agreed. Designer positions itself as a tool for artists (while Photo positions itself for photographers), and I believe this function is something that’s definitely part of the normal artists workflow. This isn’t as much of an issue on desktop if you’ve shelled out for Publisher as well since you can rapidly switch between Designer and Photo at the click of a button - but iPadOS is dearly missing this feature.

It would be nice if Designer and Photo could warp and alter a selection the way you can do in Clip Studio, or in Procreate. Half the value of Designer having a pixel persona is that we can rough out a section of a design over top an existing vector and jump back over and vector it all within the same app. (The other value is adding raster effects to a vector)
Having the tools to not just sketch but really warp, modify and adjust a selection in designer pixel persona and photo is key. I'd also love to see the symmetry tool available on the vector side as well. Not sure why it's only a raster tool