You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - url then do text?

Created a text box with some text then did a url which highlighted the link blue then wanted to return to regular text after the url line but it still thinks I am am url mode and wnot let me start regular text again, I must be doing something wrong how can I return to regular text after the url? Driving me batty!

You should add the URL by using Text > Interactive > Insert Hyperlink, then specifying that you're adding a URL. That will format the URL using a Character Text Style of Hyperlink. As soon as you click elsewhere to resume typing, you should automatically be back to whatever Paragraph Text Style you were using before.

If that doesn't help, some screenshots and/or a sample .afpub file would be useful for further diagnosis.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 minutes ago, ozphoto said:

I Ican create a url no problem

How did you create it? Did you use the process I described, or something else?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, ozphoto said:

publisher still thinks I am in hyperlink mode how do I get out of this?

If all else fails, correct the Character text style (after the a icon) and/or Paragraph text style (after the pilcrow icon) shown in the Context Toolbar. (If the system were letting me include images today I'd provide a screenshot.)

-- Walt
PC:

I think I tried that not sure but the results are the same it wants to lock me into another url line. However when i create a new doc I can create a url then hit enter and I can type text but on this doc for some reason it wont let me? Pic attached oops wont let me

If it's working in a new document but failing in your current document I'm not sure what the issue might be. But I'd want to see the actual document rather than guessing.

You could perhaps save a copy of the .afpub file, and delete all but one problematic page, and (if the problem still happens) share that .afpub document with us.

-- Walt
PC:

On 6/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, ozphoto said:

I can create a url no problem but then at the end of the line, I hit enter but it thinks I am continuing the url but i need to go back to regular text

Are you typing using an actual Paragraph Style or are you using the No Style paragraph style? I think you may be getting stuck because of the use of No Style.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.