You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Finally back!

Smee Again

Spent a couple of weeks in the hospital recently. Among other problems, I was afraid I was losing my eyesight  due to severe complications resulting in internal bleeding. The doctors sent me home with a blood count of 6.1 and some medications that made my problems worse. Thank goodness for the Home Healthcare Nurse who took the time to study my discharge papers and find the "stop this medication" notices kind of hidden there. In 2 days I lost almost 20 pounds of fluid and the top of my feet stopped hurting when I walked.

Enough depressing stuff!

This image uses two photographs. One is a bit of concrete that had an interesting pattern and the other was of some dahlia flowers in our garde. I used "blend-if", a color fill layer using soft light blend mode and a duplicate fill layer using subtract blend mode. To finish it off, added a bit of gausian noise.

Was going for a sort of watercolor feel.

DSCN2728_2400.jpg

@Smee Again   Lovely colors.   Hope you are feeling better each day!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

11 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

@Smee Again   Lovely colors.   Hope you are feeling better each day!!

1 hour ago, VectorWhiz said:

Great palette and composition. Hope you will recover all the way. Fortunately there still are wary nurses that really care for the well being of their patients. Good to see you back on the creative track. 

Thank you both for your kind words!

5 hours ago, Aftemplate said:

I saved it.:D
Are you a professional user of affinity photos? (Doing related work)
I use it for digital painting.

Thanks for the compliment. I am an unemployed "Internet Sales Manager" for a Toyota dealership in Louisiana at this time. Take lots of pics when I'm working, and use them to build slideshow videos for the dealership. Of course, youtube "fixes" the videos by adjusting the focus (read "blurring") them slightly. The images I post here on the forum are for my personal enjoyment.

Still learning post processing, and Affinity Photo has been a great asset for that. It also helps to follow Blake Rudis (F64 Academy), Unmesh Dinda (Piximperfect}, Nigel Danson, etc. on Youtube. Not everything is translatable directly into AP, but the principles are there and are helping improve my work.

Thinking about starting to do some product photography for my daughter's jewelry business. After doing some experimenting with a process I learned this week, I have a bit more confidence that I can do it successfully. 

4 hours ago, Smee Again said:

Thanks for the compliment. I am an unemployed "Internet Sales Manager" for a Toyota dealership in Louisiana at this time. Take lots of pics when I'm working, and use them to build slideshow videos for the dealership. Of course, youtube "fixes" the videos by adjusting the focus (read "blurring") them slightly. The images I post here on the forum are for my personal enjoyment.

Still learning post processing, and Affinity Photo has been a great asset for that. It also helps to follow Blake Rudis (F64 Academy), Unmesh Dinda (Piximperfect}, Nigel Danson, etc. on Youtube. Not everything is translatable directly into AP, but the principles are there and are helping improve my work.

Thinking about starting to do some product photography for my daughter's jewelry business. After doing some experimenting with a process I learned this week, I have a bit more confidence that I can do it successfully. 

Have you tried F1? (Detailed description and introduction of all features of affinity photos)
I read it fully. It gave me a quick grasp of everything about affinity photos.
I don't like video teaching, I think video teaching is not efficient. (You can hold different opinions)
The principles are indeed interoperability. I was a ps user before.
I think:
It all started with F1. (The first person to write a video, or the first person to be a teacher, they don't have a teacher or video teaching.) They only have F1) If you have any different views on this, I am extremely interested!
I am a professional user of Lab Color Space (extensive learning and research and practice)
You can try it.:D

I will never use your image. It's your copyright! (I saved just look at it)

The more restricted you put on the program, the closer you program is to idiot.