You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As an InDesign user trying to transfer over to Affinity there are a few differences but the one thing I find really frustrating is colouring text.

Normally in the CMYK Colour sliders most programmes allow tabbing from C to M and Y then K, but affinity allows the first colour (Cyan) to be inopiutn but when tabbing to the next colour (Magenta) it changes the actual text in the document to whatever numeral is input in the Magenta slider. Am I doing something wrong here?

One more thing which really annoys me is the old Microsoft issue of making black text RGB - can. you not move away from this ridiculous idea and make it simply 100% Black?

Working in the print trade this is the most annoying issue withy stuff that comes from Microsoft, please Affinity do not fall into this groove?

On 6/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, Capodastra said:

issue of making black text RGB

Black text color may be defined in various color formats and also depends on your document color space. For black text as K-only the color space of both your document and export file and also the text color definition need to be in CMYK. To assign pure 100 K you can use the prepared colour swatch in the Swatches Panel right to its pulldown menu (in the row of 4 swatches "none | black | gray | white").

On 6/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, Capodastra said:

tabbing from C to M and Y then K, but affinity allows the first colour (Cyan) to be inopiutn but when tabbing to the next colour (Magenta) it changes the actual text

Tabbing in UI value or text fields is known for not working in some panels or dialog windows throughout the Affinity UI.
Sometimes using the tab key just causes the UI to toggle (according to its default shortcut key), e.g. in the Character Panel.
Or a typed value sets the opacity in the Layers Panel, e.g. in an Effect dialog window.
Here a few logged reports:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.