You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The choosen Colors are not the same

Hi, I don't understand, why the Hex color codes, if I set a same Hex color code, seems not the same in its color, as the hex colors in Photoshop or on a website.

Example:

I've tried to replicade this DC Fandome Poster (with the blue colors): 

https://www.turn-on.de/media/cache/article_images/media/cms/2020/06/DC-FanDome.jpg

But If I save this image from this website to my desktop and then I open it in Photoshop and pick up the hex color code and then I take this hex color code from photoshop to affinity designer,

it has an other blue effect in affinity designer.

The color are not so saturated or fresh like the original color. Not like the color of the original image of the website and also not if I look this image in Photoshop.

Photoshop seems to interpreted the color originally, but affinity designer doesn't.

In Affinity Designer the blue color looks very pale.

It seems as if Affinity Designer does interpreted the same choosen color different.

Something is wrong with the color programming in affinity designer. It works not as the same as in photoshop or as an original image from a website.

Edited by Variable-Max

Sounds like not a problem of Affinity to me. More a problem with your color settings or a wrong color profile. Try to use the same color profile in every program you use. sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is the default one in the most cases and totally okay for web graphics. Set it up in the old Windows control panel and also in your programs so that every program uses this profile.

Hört sich für mich nicht nach einem Problem von Affinity an sondern eher nach einem falsch eingestelltem ICC-Farbprofil. Versuch mal auf allen beiden Programmen das gleiche Farbprofil zu nutzen. Versuche mal in Windows in der alten Systemsteuerung das Farbprofil sRGB IEC61966-2.1 zu aktivieren und auch in deinen Programmen unter Einstellungen das einzustellen. Natürlich kannst du auch das von Adobe weiter benutzen, musst es danna ber auch in Affinity und co. dementsprechend, einstellen

I've done. Nothing changes. Look at screenshot

Habe ich gemacht. Hat sich nichts geändert. Schau den Screenshot an.

Vorher war sRGB. Hat auch nichts gebracht.

Es muss an Affinity Deigner liegen.

Denn wieso sollte Photoshop es mit Adobe RGB richtig interpretieren den Hex Code, aber Affinity Designer mit dem genau selben Hex code nicht?

Wieso soll ich in Windwos unter Systemsteuerung das Farbprofil sRGB IEC61966-2.1 zu aktivieren, wenn ich a.) Adobe RGB möchte und b.) sowieso in beiden Programmen es schon gleich eingestellt habe.

Nur schon dass ich es in den Programmen gleich eingestellt habe, sollte funktionieren.

Mein Bildschirm interpretiert ja nicht für beide Programme verschiedene Farben, wenn beide Programme die selben Farbräume zugewiesen bekommen haben bei den Einstellungen.

Ausserdem erstelle ich ja in Affinity Designer eine neue Datei und öffne nicht eine Datei die ein Farbprofil eingebetet hat, die zu lesen ist.

Ich will ja was neues erschaffen in Affinity Designer und nur den Hexcode (Farbe) der Datei in Photoshop übernehmen.

Und wenn er mir da schon die falschen Farben zeigt, kann was nicht stimmen.

color.thumb.jpg.8654fb0ca09edc34de49dc2e1da1c8d5.jpg

Schau mal. Ich habe gerade jetzt mal, als nochmaliger Test, das selbe Bild in beiden Programmen geöffnet. Und beide Programme haben Adobe RGB als Farbräume eingestellt, wie du voher im oberen Post gesehen hast in den Screenshots)

(I've right now, as again-test, opened the same image in both programm. Once in Photoshop and once in Affinity Designer. And both have Adobe RGB as ColorSpace in the settings (both program)).SCREENI.thumb.JPG.82c17ab70be878c118d7c997b3ccea38.JPG

I've noticed that the ICC Profil of Adobe RGB 1998 is not more available in the adobe website for download.

And in my old Windows control panel, in the color management I have no Adobe RGB 1998 ICC Profil installed.

This means finally i can't use Adobe RGB in Affinity Designer? Is that the bottom line, the conclusion?

Ich habe nun nachgeschaut im farbmanagment des alten Systemsteuertung unter Windwos 10.

Aber dort ist kein ICC Adobe RGB 1998 Farbprofil installiert, nur das sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

Und das Adobe RGB 1998 ICC Farbprofil lässt sich auf der Adobe-Webseite gar nicht mehr downlaoden um es im Farbmanatement zu installlieren.

Heisst dass somit als Fazit, ich kann Adobe RGB 1998 gar nicht in Affinity Designer nutzen? Da Windows selbst das nicht installiert hat und auch nicht mehr downloadbar ist um es zu installieren?

Wieso geht es dann in Photoshop?

Ich bin total verwirrt. Muss ich jetzt zwingend mit "nur" sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in Affinity Designer arbeiten?

Ausserdem habe ich jetzt zum prüfen alles auf sRGB IEC61966-2.1 umgestellt. Sowohl in Photoshop als auch in Affinity Designer.

Aber er zeigt mir immer noch die Farben/das Blau dieses Bildes verschieden.

Ergo: Ich vermute das Bild hat ein ICC Profil eingebetet und Photoshop kann das lesen aber Affinity Desginer nicht? Das eingebetete ICC Profil?

Und jetzt?

Look. You can't download the Adobe RGB 1998 ICC Profil:

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/icc_eula_win_end.html

Try. It doesn't work.

Ich kann das ICC Profil nicht downloaden. Auch wenn ich akzeptieren klicke. Passiert nichts.

Kein Download startet. Wie komme ich zum Adobe 1998 ICC Profil um es in Windows zu installieren?

Ach, kackt mich richtig an. Immer diese Kompliziertheit. Wieso kann nicht einfach mal etwas einfach funktonieren.

Immer diese Theater. Ist immer dass gleiche. Bääääh...

Okey, finally it has worked.

I found another, a bit more complicated way of searching and I've found a possibility to download the Adobe RGB ICC Profile finally.

Here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4075&fileID=3790

And then I put the ICC Profil in the folder:

WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color

And i've then in the older Windows control panel, in the color management I've then choosen the Adobe RGB 1998 ICC Profil.

And not finally it works. Halleluja.... 

But here, it don't works, the download of the ICC Profil, above. Also if you click accept for downloading the profil. Nothing happens.:

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/icc_eula_win_end.html

You have finally to download it from here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4075&fileID=3790

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.