You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet issue beta's 665 and 663 aPh/aDe/Apub

• Staff
5 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Hi,
I do have a (very)old wacom tablet but before this beta it simply worked and so it does in retail versions

What model is your Wacom tablet and what drivers/version are you using? Does this happen every time you use the app, and does it happen after a reboot of your machine?

• Staff
1 minute ago, haakoo said:

Wacom Graphire 4 with the latest to be found drivers which work in retail versions and other programs.
I always reset the affinity beta apps after downloading/installing and reboot.

What is the version of these drivers? The only ones I can find on Wacom's site are version 5.2.5-5a from 2011 and do not support Windows 10.

I presume it always responds like this on a clean start? Do you get issues if you do everything with the pen tablet, so using it to start a new document, select a tool and draw (ensuring you leave the mouse alone)

• Staff

Would you be able to try disabling WinTab using using the steps below please? 

1. Find the shortcut you normally launch the beta from (This can be done by right clicking the shortcut and select 'More > Open File Location'
  2. Right-click the highlighted shortcut and select 'Properties'
  3. In the Target field copy and paste the following command AFTER the quotations:    --disable-wintab
    (ensuring there is a space between the quotes and the command)
  4. It should look like the attached image

Does this allow the tablet to respond in the correct manner?

DisableWinTab.PNG

Latest Photo and Designer .665 beta versions also make my Bamboo tablet work badly. Alt-Right Click (on pen) doesn't work anymore and when hovering over the canva without drawing while "force pressure" button is on, the brush pointer flashes rapidly and it is very unbearable.

I use a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 with latest drivers that support Windows 10.

I know that my tablet is getting old, but it works very well with all other software I use and in previous betas and release versions of Photo and Designer. The disapperance of the "Windows Ink" option in these latest betas is now a turn off for me. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Adding this "-disable-winbtab" makes Photo look for the file "disable-wintab".

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

16 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

You need a double -- at the front

That works but then I loose Pen pressure.... 

-- Macbook Air 15"

Well.... I can confirm that the new tablet implementation created a mess on my side. I need pen pressure so I removed that "disable-wintab". Pen pressure is back, the annoying flashing brush when hovering is also back. If I click Alt-right-click (on pen) I can select a color from the drawing, but most of the time the pen and mouse stop working. The cursor stays a "color selector" and nothing else works. Sometime Esc brings them back to life but sometime I have to shut down the app using keyboard.

-- Macbook Air 15"

I haven't been able to reproduce these issues using a Wacom Intuos 5 and a Wacom Cintiq 22.
Windows Ink has been disabled in the Wacom control panel (details in attached screengrab), and I have been able to:
-- draw with pressure using both the pencil and vector brush tools
-- use both right-click and alt-drag in the UI.
But the key (for my system) has been switching off Windows Ink.

Grab Beta 665.jpg

I have always use Photo and Designer with Windows Ink disabled, in Affinity program and also in Wacom pref. It works perfectly in the release version of Photo and Designer, as it was in the previous beta release.

In the latest release as soon as I click "Alt-Left click" (on the Pen) the cursor stays as a color selector tool and I can't draw anymore. The mouse cursor is also displayed as a color selector tool. When pen pressure is enabled the cursor flashes rapidly when I hover over the drawing or photograph. It's very annoying and makes you get away from the computer after a few minutes.

I wonder why this has been changed as it was working perfectly in the previous version. 

But I'm still confident that it will be fixed in another version.... it's beta after all.

-- Macbook Air 15"

22 minutes ago, AlainP said:

I have always use Photo and Designer with Windows Ink disabled, in Affinity program and also in Wacom pref. It works perfectly in the release version of Photo and Designer, as it was in the previous beta release.

In the latest release as soon as I click "Alt-Left click" (on the Pen) the cursor stays as a color selector tool and I can't draw anymore. The mouse cursor is also displayed as a color selector tool. When pen pressure is enabled the cursor flashes rapidly when I hover over the drawing or photograph. It's very annoying and makes you get away from the computer after a few minutes.

I wonder why this has been changed as it was working perfectly in the previous version. 

But I'm still confident that it will be fixed in another version.... it's beta after all.

Yes, I can reproduce that behaviour.
1. Draw line/curve with vector brush.
2. Alt-left-click to sample a colour.
3. Cursor remains "stuck" in sampling mode. Pressing Esc key removes sampling mode, but then the pen cannot draw, or select a tool/object or indeed interact with the UI.
Workaround is to alt-tab to another program and back. That seems to do a reset.
I hadn't noticed this before, because I sample colours using some of the other methods in Affinity!

Hi

I do not use tablets often but this post prompted me to try my Huion New 1060 plus which works fine in retail version but not in the latest beta versions of both Photo and Designer

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Oh no!!!! I also have a Wacom Graphire and I confirm this, Designer keeps adding these extra paths just like in @haakoo's post! Please please fix this, because it worked fine before!

EDIT: There's even more to this, my tablet comes with a pen and a mouse, I don't even have to draw anything when I use my mouse, only choose a brush tool and then simply move my mouse around (without pressing any buttons), and Designer just keeps adding new curves while simply moving my mouse!

Another 'old' Wacom tablet user here!

Device: Intuos3 6x8
Model: PTZ-630
Driver: 6.3.15-3 (set not to use Windows Ink)

I have two observations:

1. The first time I try to use the pencil tool the lines are drawn in a stuttering way ie there is a slight delay before they appear and 'pings' to where the cursor is. This results in flat/straight lines where the line catches up with the cursor

2. After drawing a line (as above), then change to the move tool, then back to the pencil tool, no line appears when drawing. If I then click the page and draw a another line, the line then appears.

No problems using current version (v1.8.3.641) of Affinity Designer.

I have screen video captures of these issues but unable to attach due to forum upload error '7'.

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

• Staff

Hi Jonopen,

I've just tried this with the exact same model of Intuos 3 as you, and the same driver version, but not getting the behaviour you're seeing. Does my mapping settings look any different to the ones you're using? I had tried setting my Screen Area to Full but that made no change in the performance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2sbsnva4scxae7/Intuos3.mp4?dl=0

I will look at getting you a link so you can send your recording to whilst forum uploads are failing.
EDIT: Jonopen, if you could attach your screen recording below that would be great! Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/request/RTj6iULFWMVaUnaCx0Sq

1 hour ago, Jonopen said:

2. After drawing a line (as above), then change to the move tool, then back to the pencil tool, no line appears when drawing. If I then click the page and draw a another line, the line then appears.

I've observed a similar issue which may be related 

If you draw with the pen then use the slider in the context toolbar to change the size of the pen (don't close the slider) when you then try to draw again nothing happens until you "click the page and draw another line"

This also happens in APhoto with the Paint Brush Tool if you change any slider (size, Opacity, flow, hardness etc - dont close the slider)

Just notice it also does it with other tools like the Clone Tool

(Wacom Tablet CTH-680 - Windows 8.1)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi

I am getting the same odd behaviour with my Huion 1060 plus which has the latest driver installed. With the pen tool works fine in release version but shoots of the document after the first press in the beta.

The brush tool works fine in release version and does not even show any stroke or create a layer when I use it in  beta. Forum will not let me upload screen snip with two versions side by side and everything identical

Windows 10 

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.