You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Because I love Hawaiian Shirts

buschbrand

Hi there,

I love Hawaiian Shirts and tropical und floral patterns. It's not that perfect and just »work in progress «– but I like it. Some shadows have to be refined and some textures may be added. No Stock-Pictures are used and lots of hours were spent to draw all parts of it.

I don't know what to do with it. In my dreams it becomes a shirt. What do you think?

Ciao,

Arne

Bildschirmfoto_2020-06-25_um_18_45_17.png

Bildschirmfoto_2020-06-25_um_18_50_13.png

43 minutes ago, Fred C said:

Hi Arne,

Looks good. 

I lived and worked in Hawaii and the only Toucans there are in the https://www.honoluluzoo.org/animals/toco-toucan/#1554430828602-0bbd8c86-9a4d.

You might think about "Brazilian" shirts

Thanks Fred, I've never been to Hawaii… I'll change the Tucan for another bird.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, buschbrand said:

Now it's 100 % hawaiian, right? :)

Bildschirmfoto_2020-06-30_um_18_12_38.png

Both are excellent, @buschbrand

Hawaiian shirts are growing on me now that many modern designs are so sterile and minimalistic. I find nature and cultures inspired by it much more appealing than generation iPad, flat design and homes without traces of who lives there.

I would certainly buy on of your shirts.

Cheers

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, buschbrand said:

In my dreams it becomes a shirt. What do you think?

Passt wirklich auf alles: Markisen, Sonnensegel, Becher, Autos, Corona-Masken … und natürlich auf Jürgen von der Lippe! :)

PS: Ein Hawaiihemd/shirt verträgt doch jedes Motiv, selbst wenn das Bier oder Tier in Hawaii (noch) nicht existent ist. Hauptsache kunterbunt! Auch hier nutzt man den farbenfrohen Tukan.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:25 PM, Jowday said:

Both are excellent, @buschbrand

Hawaiian shirts are growing on me now that many modern designs are so sterile and minimalistic. I find nature and cultures inspired by it much more appealing than generation iPad, flat design and homes without traces of who lives there.

I would certainly buy on of your shirts.

Cheers

Thank you very much, Jowday,

I tried to find a good balance between naturalism and a reduced style. But I'd like to make the look a bit more artsy … maybe in a blockprint-style. For me it's just the starting point – I really love patterns in general, so let's see, where it takes me.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Oval said:

Passt wirklich auf alles: Markisen, Sonnensegel, Becher, Autos, Corona-Masken … und natürlich auf Jürgen von der Lippe! :)

PS: Ein Hawaiihemd/shirt verträgt doch jedes Motiv, selbst wenn das Bier oder Tier in Hawaii (noch) nicht existent ist. Hauptsache kunterbunt! Auch hier nutzt man den farbenfrohen Tukan.

Dankeschön Oval, ich habe auch schon über andere Anwendungen nachgedacht. Ich recherchiere gerade, was für Möglichkeit gibt. Von der bereits gesichteten Möglichkeiten gefällt mir z. B. ein Sitzsack oder eine Hängematte mit einem der Muster ganz gut. Oder eine Tapete fänd' ich auch cool.