You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.8.4.3)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Download

Auto-update: Not available

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.4.3 for macOS.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.8.3 version currently available in the store to all customers (though it installs parallel to the release). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Many thanks!

Matt

Changes Since 1.8.4.2

- Fix for 'Expand Strokes' failing to consider 'velocity' as a width controller.
- Fix for focus issues when tabbing between text entry fields in the Colour panel with Text objects selected. (hi @dcarvalho84 - lol!)
- Fix for operation of Command+Right-Click on an object to show the tree hierarchy of the selected node.
- Allow certain documents created on Windows to open correctly (if the document contained a saved reference to exporting as Windows GDI formats).
- Miscellaneous text fixes and improvements

Changes Since 1.8.3

- Fix for incorrect rendering of grids in OpenGL past certain zoom levels.
- Fix for poor functioning of 'Force Touch' trackpads in pressure-sensitive tools.
- Speculative fix for occasional lockups in Pencil Tool.
- Added option in preferences to re-enable the old behaviour for deleting objects (we used to previously favour empty selections).
- Added ability to show folders as icons in the layers panel.
- Added option to always show folders as “small” in the layers panel.
- Improved dragging behaviour in the layers panel (make it easier to drag child items around within their container without affecting parenting).
- PDF import performance improvements.
- Document save performance improvements.
- Text performance improvements.
- Assorted small bug fixes.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this beta notification thread 
To be notified when this update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Affinity Designer customers, please follow this release notification thread

• Staff
3 hours ago, abn5x said:

oh I see that the issue which I mentioned you in twitter(about joining two nodes with auto-snap ignoring the node handles of the dragged node when welding them) still isn't fixed :(

Do you have a link to that to jog my memory? Thanks :)

3 hours ago, abn5x said:

oh I see that the issue which I mentioned you in twitter(about joining two nodes with auto-snap ignoring the node handles of the dragged node when welding them) still isn't fixed :(

I don’t believe Twitter is the best place to report bugs in...

Matt’s twitter account may be his private there, away from only discussion Affinity stuff ;-)

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

On 6/27/2020 at 10:35 PM, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

I don’t believe Twitter is the best place to report bugs in...

Matt’s twitter account may be his private there, away from only discussion Affinity stuff ;-)

He responded and said that he will look into it.

I think what is happening is that you have two different node types there: A smooth and corner point.

If you make them both smooth the shape should stay the same.
How do you do auto snap close? You drag the points together?

23 minutes ago, nik78 said:

If you change the sharp node to a smooth node you change the shape of that end of the curve.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, nik78 said:

I think what is happening is that you have two different node types there: A smooth and corner point.

How do you do auto snap close? You drag the points together?

the same happens even if the two nodes are smooth.

53 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm just doing something on iPad for the next couple of days

Ooh, intriguing! Any clues, Matt? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, MattP said:

Definitely something odd happening - I'll look into it, I'm just doing something on iPad for the next couple of days, then I'll get to it, thanks again for the nudge :) 

You're welcome :) thank you for your hard work! Also very interested to hear what you're working on for the iPad 👂👂

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.