You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Importing another Publisher document causes preview mode elements to appear in the finished PDF output

I make series of Books in Publisher. Each book has its own publisher document. Because the books share certain pages, I create these in a separate document that I call "shared doc". 

I then import this "shared doc" publisher files into the individual Publisher documents.  That way, if I need to make a change to one of the shared pages, I can just make the changes once, rather than having to update each individual publisher document separately.

I have been doing this since, 1.8.3 came out and it's worked perfectly. But today it's going screwy. For example, here is a square box in my "shared doc"

1483199500_ScreenShot2020-06-25at13_09_22.jpg.c622783c79f37ae3f09cd03426c174a0.jpg

Because I am viewing in Preview Mode, you can see a big X in the box.

However, when I go to output the finished document as a PDF, the big X appears in the finished PDF. Even if I turn off preview mode, the X still appears. 

This has never happened before. 

How can I fix this? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @big smile,

Apologies for the delayed response here! This looks like a Picture Frame object, but I cannot say without seeing your document. Could you upload a copy of the .afpub file, or a screenshot showing this page & the layers panel?

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

On 7/9/2020 at 2:42 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @big smile,

Apologies for the delayed response here! This looks like a Picture Frame object, but I cannot say without seeing your document. Could you upload a copy of the .afpub file, or a screenshot showing this page & the layers panel?

Many thanks in advance!

In the end, I was getting close to a deadline, so I re-made the document from scratch and it works now. I guess maybe something had gone wrong? I do importing another Publisher documents into other publisher documents a lot, so if I run into problems in the future, I will reach out.